Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My Tips To You

WCF

Help Support WCF:

:)HI all I have benefit a lot from you all on this forum so my tips to you B)

My Method of Getting Customers /emoticons/ph34r.png

Leaflets: These can work but you will need to drop a very large number of them and with leaflets you don't get a feel for the area.

Advertising: I wouldn't recommend this until you're established because it costs money to advertise. With advertising you may get calls off customers whose houses are very awkward to clean and have been missed out by other window cleaners for a reason.

Sign writing your vehicle is the cheap method of advertising that may help you get a couple of new customers but I wouldn't count on it to get you a lot.

Canvassing Best way of Getting Customers /emoticons/biggrin.png

When you canvas you begin to sense the areas where there aren't other window cleaners, or areas where the coverage isn't total and you will be able to pick up a few new customers. Also, you can get valuable information on the competition from the people's doors you knock on, even if they already have a window cleaner, info like: Does he do the whole road/estate/close? You can save valuable time by finding out if a road is already taken

Tip: Be aware that a lot of houses front door bells don't work and you may have to knock if you don't get an answer

Tip: One great method that I find customers look for how clean the glass of their windows are. If you think they don't have one I then knock. This is a good method because it saves a lot of time

Despite being a flyer printer, I always recommend canvassing first and use your flyers to supplement your canvassing - leave them instead of a business card, or if you don't think you'll have time to go back to the homes where noone's home, leave them through the door.

Even if you are just leaflet-dropping without knocking, personally I would do it yourself, because even without speaking to anyone you'll still get more of a feel for the area than if you just paid someone else to drop them all off for you.

As far as cost is concerned, you can often get more flyers for your money than cards, and they're big enough to hold more information, even leave space to write a quote in.

Back