Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Clamp Kit Anomoly?

chip

Just looking at them, and I'm sure this doesn't quite make sense. For eg, 2 clamp kit 24 notes. Bought a pole in last year 50% off. Bought a pole before 25% off. Fine. But the page also says the kits are only available to those who have purchased a pole! In other words no one pays full price, or am I overlooking something?

Have you noticed gardiner now charging extra for the pole hose and for the fitting on the end.

I suppose it's one way to make your prices look cheaper, let's add the vat too. Extra all round more weight, more money.

Mmmm. Not so good.

Or you could look at it that you only pay for what you want/need.
I think we have around 8 short length of pole hose.

I wish alex did an option to add say 5 meters or 10 meters.

Probably could ring and ask it for it.

But i love shopping online so easy!!!!!!!!

Why not put in a hose joiner to make the length you want?

Just looking at them, and I'm sure this doesn't quite make sense. For eg, 2 clamp kit 24 notes. Bought a pole in last year 50% off. Bought a pole before 25% off. Fine. But the page also says the kits are only available to those who have purchased a pole! In other words no one pays full price, or am I overlooking something?
It is only to start with that sales of these are limited to phone sales only to clients who can have their pole purchase verified on the system. This is to try and control the initial surge of interest in these clamps whilst stocks are more limited during the first few weeks of release. Come June time these kits will be available to purchase online to anyone that wants them, but it will be at the full retail price as advertised. They will still be available at a discount, but only if a client rings up and verifies the date of pole purchase.

Have you noticed gardiner now charging extra for the pole hose and for the fitting on the end.

I suppose it's one way to make your prices look cheaper, let's add the vat too. Extra all round more weight, more money.

Mmmm. Not so good.
This would be a very cynical way of looking at it :Image3:
We have tried really hard with these new poles to keep the cost of the actual pole as low as possible and we have succeeded with this aim – as an example the SLX25 is now £215 compared to the outgoing model which was £245 this is despite having more technologically advanced clamps and features. Even if you were to add in the previously ‘free’ hose, connector and Resi-Neck it will still only come to £227.85 which is still a saving of £17.15.

We felt that why should all clients who purchase poles be made to ‘pay’ for the ‘free’ hose, connector and gooseneck when many already have these items. Therefore we have made these as separate component add-ons with the reflected price of adding them on and the workshop costs for doing so.

With most of these components it is fractionally cheaper to add them on yourself, but for those that want the convenience we can do this for you in the workshop before sending them out.

All in all, our carbon poles have never been more affordable and better value.

You can certainly ring and ask for this as an option - I would rather not add it as another option to the already option heavy poles.
However to do this online you can simply not order the pole with a hosepack and then order one of the longer hose packs from this link - http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Telescopic-Pole-Hose-Packs-Hose_Packs.html

Well said Alex. I like your thinking :Image9:

This would be a very cynical way of looking at it :Image3:

We have tried really hard with these new poles to keep the cost of the actual pole as low as possible and we have succeeded with this aim – as an example the SLX25 is now £215 compared to the outgoing model which was £245 this is despite having more technologically advanced clamps and features. Even if you were to add in the previously ‘free’ hose, connector and Resi-Neck it will still only come to £227.85 which is still a saving of £17.15.

We felt that why should all clients who purchase poles be made to ‘pay’ for the ‘free’ hose, connector and gooseneck when many already have these items. Therefore we have made these as separate component add-ons with the reflected price of adding them on and the workshop costs for doing so.

With most of these components it is fractionally cheaper to add them on yourself, but for those that want the convenience we can do this for you in the workshop before sending them out.

All in all, our carbon poles have never been more affordable and better value.

Surely you wouldnt put second hand tyres, or even old ones on your new car or van.

Thats my thinking, surely if people dont want it they wont use it.

It was just an observation not a criticism of shrewd business sense, we all need to maximise our incomes.

New pole should have new things. I like shiny and new.

I certainly wouldnt use an old pole hose for a new pole, I would expect it to come with it as standard. Do any other retailers charge extra for the said items?

Surely you wouldnt put second hand tyres, or even old ones on your new car or van.

Thats my thinking, surely if people dont want it they wont use it.

It was just an observation not a criticism of shrewd business sense, we all need to maximise our incomes.

New pole should have new things. I like shiny and new.

I certainly wouldnt use an old pole hose for a new pole, I would expect it to come with it as standard. Do any other retailers charge extra for the said items?
With this you win either way - not only are you getting the most advanced Water-Fed Pole available, but even if you spec' it up with all the shiny new extras it is still cheaper than the outgoing model.

i can understand why people will just buy a bare pole, as i like the hose and brush i use and they just swap it over

Alex, will the clamps be available on their own? Ie no glue and stuff, if for eg I bust clamp 4 can I replace it without buying a kit? Only ask as 1) it's likely to happen with me and2) I couldn't find it on the site

Back