Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Using Normal Water In A Wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scrim it

Can non pure (normal tap water) be used in a WFP system for cleaning guttering, fascia, conservatories etc to save on using pure water?

Thanks

If customer has an outside tap I mostly use their tap water. If not then I use pure water from my van tank. Simples...

Always a good idea during/after the clean using tap water especially if using any chems tis o wash & rinse glass down thoroughly with pure or trad them instead so any chem residue doesn't dry out and stain the glass and dirty tap water leaves no water marks.

Same should be said when using pure water & any chems is to go over any glass during/afterwards to finish the job properly.

you can, then you have to clean the system down well and flush it out with pure water before you can use it on windows again.

we always use pure on everything, for the cost of it to produce pure water fro us, its not worth all the hassle,

not every customer has an outside tap, plus if they do it might not be turned on from the inside, some have a tap to turn the water off to the outside tap.

its easy enough just to pull up to a house, drop hoses out from van, pre treat, clean, pack up get paid and go.

I hear what you are saying RC and I know it's cheep to produce pure but not all have a van setup to do a days work like that.

Myself I don't use my regular pure water wfp gear so have no issues using tap water if need be then swaping over to wfp with pure. All of my jobs are booked in advace when customers will be home and spoken to before hand so don't have any issues using there outside tap. If they don't have an outside tap then I just use pure and if it happens to be a very small job would just use pure anyway. Simples...

Forgot to mention the flow rate/pressure is much higher when using tap water so can work out quicker to wash down really grubby surfaces especially on conservatory roofs and awkward areas like the pointy bits on them. Also small gaps under guttering, gutter brackets and behind downspouts etc :Image10:

Can non pure (normal tap water) be used in a WFP system for cleaning guttering, fascia, conservatories etc to save on using pure water?

Thanks
Get a Hozelock tail for your pole and connect to the customers tap, no need to run it through a system.. Plenty of pressure from a customers tap..

Smurf was it you who had the free standing gas heater set up on a tripod for gutter and fascia cleans if so which one was it and what sort of set up do you need?

Back