Rubber

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Dodger, Mar 24, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Hi all, I'm going through rubber like theres no tomorrow and wondered if using a different type or brand might help. I'm using the Unger stuff from screwfix at the moment, would using a harder one help me at the moment as well (I'm new obviously.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

Hi dodger, How often ate you using it? Are you wiping it dry with a cloth, also your belt bucket or holster can wear it away, i can make a rubber last at the least a month and that's working it hard.

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Hi Paul. I'm only doing 1 or 2 cleans a day at the mo and almost everyones a first clean. My rubber is only lasting most of the time for those couple of cleans and can't figure why, I know rubber isn't that expensive but at this rate I'll never make a living lol.

Just to add yes I dry it but I have a cloth hanging from my shoulder so just flick off excess and dab it on the cloth.

Would a harder rubber last longer until I figure out what simple thing it is that I'm probably doing to em.

4. Paul

Paul Guest

I don't use hard rubber mate I use unger soft and have no problems with it, your not using it on sills are you? I can't think of anything else what it could be also I don't wipe my blade dry I just tap it on a cloth or my pants, Im not sure if technique would make u use it alot more, what's your technique like?

5. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Lol techniques a bit iffy to be honest, I only fan on bigger windows and straight pull others cos not exactly perfected fanning yet.

After the fact and shoulda thought about it before I asked question, I made my own holster out of Drainpipe (yes drainpipe) and really like it so didn't bother buying one but my 12" and 6" squeegees cross in the middle I'm wondering if they are catching when I put em in and out cos I just looked at some rubbers I replaced and the area I'm getting streaks are in about the same place.

6. Paul

Paul Guest

Lol I would say that's it pal

7. SteveSmee

SteveSmee Guest

Yea, because under soft is the best I've found, miles better than pullex as a note, and it'll normally last me a month with blaming every downstairs window.

8. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Screwfix later then for a boab I reckon, thanks for looking though chaps.

9. Paul

Paul Guest

No probs pal anytime that's what we r here for, I didnt know screwfix done window cleaning stuff :-/

10. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Yeah they do a basic selection of unger kit Paul.

Advertisement