Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Karcher Window Cleaning Vac

• Thread starter MyLittleCleaningCompany
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

M

MyLittleCleaningCompany

I think this has been mentioned on here before but today one of my customers demonstrated theirs to me.

This seems to be a great bit of kit, I soaped up a large internal window and then the customer showed me how the window cleaning vac worked then let me have a go. I tried vertical and horizontal lines and there wasn't a smear or line to be seen.

Don't get me wrong it is far quicker to do it by a mop and blade plus these don't run out of battery after 20 mins! But for internal roofs they would be perfect. I cleaned a glass roof conservatory inside and out the other month and it was very tricky with an applicator and squeegee. The customer had removed all the furniture which was a good job considering the amount of black water drops falling to the floor, with one of these I could have had the job done in a quarter of the time with no mess.

Here's the link, I was told telco's do it cheaper at the mo.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Karcher-WV50-Window-Cleaning-Vacuum/dp/B0024LIECO

J

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Good idea about the conservatory roof if there was nobody in they are always tricky but i think it would look a bit unprofessional

My wife uses one they are pretty good because it saves me doing the inside /emoticons/smile.png , but Like you said Jamie there are ok for small bursts then dead batt.

Actually it sounds like a good idea, I have a 2 customers who always want their inside windows done and I currently use a WFP.

At the moment I have to carry my TRAD equipment with me but if they had a facility to swap battery's with a spare I would get one.

If your serious about getting one just butcher it take the original battery out and uprate it with a bit of cable and put a bigger battery on . Thats what i would do personally if i was going that route .

Good idea about the conservatory roof if there was nobody in they are always tricky but i think it would look a bit unprofessional
Not sure I agree with you there. Spraying pure water on then buffing off, dripping dirty water from the squeegee or using this with no mess??

I would always use a squeegee and applicator on all normal internal windows and catch the drips with the applicator as I work but for the internal slanting panels could be a good way to save some time and get good results.

These things are £40 + £11 to change the head, god knows if you can replace the applicators. Window Cleaners thinking about using these are mad, it just another gimmick to get people to part with there cash. Lets face it the only difference between these and a squeegee is you wont get water on the sills. Now for what you are going to have to spend, batteries etc, "what's wrong with a cloth!". I get the internal conservatory roof thing, but again get one of these sheets that decorators use, they will still be cheaper, and you can safely clean from standing with a trad pole.

These things are £40 + £11 to change the head, god knows if you can replace the applicators. Window Cleaners thinking about using these are mad, it just another gimmick to get people to part with there cash. Lets face it the only difference between these and a squeegee is you wont get water on the sills. Now for what you are going to have to spend, batteries etc, "what's wrong with a cloth!". I get the internal conservatory roof thing, but again get one of these sheets that decorators use, they will still be cheaper, and you can safely clean from standing with a trad pole.
I'm just wondering if you have seen one of these in action? I have and can say it's not a gimmick. You wouldn't need the applicator as you would already have that and the soap. Ok, you can get a decorators sheet. But that still doesn't solve the issue of water dripping on the floor which is what this would solve. Cleaning using a trad pole is messy, and still doesn't get all the frames clean. I don't think the price is that much considering the potential time you can save. Plus you could always show the wife or kids how to use it for your own windows!! /emoticons/smile.png

I'm just wondering if you have seen one of these in action? I have and can say it's not a gimmick. You wouldn't need the applicator as you would already have that and the soap. Ok, you can get a decorators sheet. But that still doesn't solve the issue of water dripping on the floor which is what this would solve. Cleaning using a trad pole is messy, and still doesn't get all the frames clean. I don't think the price is that much considering the potential time you can save. Plus you could always show the wife or kids how to use it for your own windows!! /emoticons/smile.png
I have actually seen one in action, and why would a decorators sheet over the floor under the window, not solve the problem of water getting on the floor? If you want to clean the frames, then you have to get up there, and I would rather just use the same tools and equipment I use every day and just put a dec cover down, than spend £40 on one of these. Its still a squeegee, it just sucks up the water. For what purpose, window cleaners having been using cloths to dry off sills for a long long time, you don't have to re-invent the wheel, its a fairly simple and basic thing, that really didn't need solving. I get that it would help with controlling the flow of water, if your doing the inside of a window on a roof, but I have did these before with the equipment I have with no problems, not messy at all, I am pretty good with a trad pole.

are you WFP mlcc?

That's my opinion anyway, each to there own.

Well you should share some tips. I seem to get water everywhere! When I said about the sheet I meant that water would still go on the floor just on the sheet. Yes, I do most my work wfp. Although some jobs I will do it trad.

The last time I did one of these I put down a yard of uncut scrim on the floor, soaked up the window with my applicator, not ringing wet though. Then used an unger straight squeegee. Then a cloth on an unger clamp to detail. Water does drip down, but it wasn't that bad, and it didn't cause any problems.

I would imagine doing this with an angled head squeegee would be allot harder, just a thought.

Thanks for the tip, I have all of those so will give it a go next time.

cleaning inside windows trad properly you wont get water drips on the floor,

wfp cleaners who didnt trad to start with will never be 100percent with a squeegy so of course you think this useless tesco sack of ****e is a good idea, this thing does nothing that a squeegy, applicator and a scrim already does. its a gimmick to make money and people will buy it use it once then it will get dumped in the back of a cupboard collecting dust

So you have to start with a squeegee to be able to use it right! That sounds like a sack of ****e to me!!!! I've always used a squeegee as well as wfp since I've started, not the quickest but it's only learning how to use a tool. It's not that difficult!! I would like to see how your not going to get drips on a slanted window (as this was the point I was making)

Your right about the gimmick point, most people will probably think this is a good way to clean the windows then put it in the cupboard. I was thinking more for window cleaners that it would be a useful tool as well as the squeegee (that is how you spell it) to get those hard to reach places on glass roofs.

I seen someone using these today on their own windows. They spent about 2 hours on a smallish bungalow. I could hear it away up the street. He was using an applicator then vac'ing it off. This is the kind of stuff puts us outa business!! Lol. I would say they would be good for some interior work, like brand new houses with brand new white paint, you don't want to get dirty drips on and make a mess of things!!

The Karcher window cleaning machine has been around for a few years but I think Tescos must of brought a few to flog and have been advertising it on the tele. There was a stack of them in the entrance way to Tesco for £50. Anything that makes my job easier is worth buying but 20 minute battery life sounds a bit low. And if you wring out your applicator and follow underneath your squeegee you shouldn't get any drips on floor. I expect a few DIY er will buy it and then chuck it in the shed, I see loads of old poles and window cleaning gear dumped in sheds and garages after a customer thought it was a good idea to do their own and realise it just isnt worth the effort.

Hey guys are these any good at working on the inside of a conservatory roof? Do they drip water every where when you are dragging them on a flat surface.

Also can you get spare battery's for them?

Latest Posts

Back