Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customers per day

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm like you Scottie, I take my time and do a proper good job, getting alot faster now than when I started but for me it's all about making them happy and realising why I am perhaps a little more expensive than some others in my area, I think 20 a day is certainley achievable if there close grouped and none are dirty first cleans. My biggest day currently is 14, but 8 of them are on a new 4/5 bed estate and last time I did that day I did it in just short of 4 hours. If you want to shadow anyone join the 86 houses a day chap and his lad, I can't see it myself but would liked to be proved wrong, a good clean on 86 in a day so 43 each is very impressive! I used to be a courier a few years back and just getting 86 parcels off in office hours was hard going nevermind cleaning all there windows by 3pm lol!
86 house of which 19 are tops or front,13 flats (only 4 windows on each) one after the other on the same estate so no travelling. 20 years experience of doing the same estate. We dont cut corner we clean all glass frames and sills using wfp

86 seems a lot of graft per day, i take it you don't do that amount in a day on your own

being a very compact round must make the job a breeze too /emoticons/smile.png
Its a very compact round i bought it of an old guy who had it for over 40 years doing it by mop and scrim. Like i said ive had it for twenty years and tripled it in size over that period. I know most of the customers since day one

Nice one :thumbsup:

Its a very compact round i bought it of an old guy who had it for over 40 years doing it by mop and scrim. Like i said ive had it for twenty years and tripled it in size over that period. I know most of the customers since day one

86 house of which 19 are tops or front,13 flats (only 4 windows on each) one after the other on the same estate so no travelling. 20 years experience of doing the same estate. We dont cut corner we clean all glass frames and sills using wfp
My round is compact like that too the most we done in a day was 90 houses between two guys with ladders lol but that was years ago now and my record in a day on my own was 40 houses. But it was more like 8.30am until 5.30pm

My round is compact like that too the most we done in a day was 90 houses between two guys with ladders lol but that was years ago now and my record in a day on my own was 40 houses. But it was more like 8.30am until 5.30pm
we do no more than 8.00 am till 3.30pm. It does depend on the size of the houses and their windows you are cleaning. We dont do that many everyday as when we come off that estate we are cleaning semis with large bay windows on the front. But still 90% of my work is one after the other with no parking up clean one house then back in the van to the next.

What size water tank?

You can do alot more work in a day with a wfp than ladders.
So i've been hearing mate. That's why i've been thinking about getting the wfp for a while. It's in the pipeline. If it can make my life easier and make me more money i'm all for that

we do no more than 8.00 am till 3.30pm. It does depend on the size of the houses and their windows you are cleaning. We dont do that many everyday as when we come off that estate we are cleaning semis with large bay windows on the front. But still 90% of my work is one after the other with no parking up clean one house then back in the van to the next.
Mine too. And that's just the way i like it. They are my bread and butter. But i want to target bigger value work too in the future

So i've been hearing mate. That's why i've been thinking about getting the wfp for a while. It's in the pipeline. If it can make my life easier and make me more money i'm all for that
It has worked out for me so far as you can do more work as in getting to those hard to reach windows above slippy conny roofs less risks . I have picked up a lot of work since ive got this wfp.

Not many windows cleaners around here want to take the risk of buying it in fear of losing customers if they dont like it. But chose to do both, use the pole on everyone then those that dont like it i use ladders. 90% of customers like it or dont mind it as i can clean those hard to reach and not breaking their tileson their roof.

It has worked out for me so far as you can do more work as in getting to those hard to reach windows above slippy conny roofs less risks . I have picked up a lot of work since ive got this wfp.Not many windows cleaners around here want to take the risk of buying it in fear of losing customers if they dont like it. But chose to do both, use the pole on everyone then those that dont like it i use ladders. 90% of customers like it or dont mind it as i can clean those hard to reach and not breaking their tileson their roof.
That's been my concerns as well but my logic has been the very way you have went about it. Do the ones that dont mind with it and the ones that dont like it do them with the ladders. It's reassuring to see it can work out. All my competition use ladders to do similar houses to the ones i do but they do have the wfp in their van but they have squads of guys working for them where as i have one guy on and off so it would be handy for me if i was working on my own. Keep the money coming in that is the real reason i want to get it and the fact i've cleaned thousands upon thousands of houses over the years on ladders. Getting older now so need to look to the future

Last edited by a moderator:
That's been my concerns as well but my logic has been the very way you have went about it. Do the ones that dont mind with it and the ones that dont like it do them with the ladders. It's reassuring to see it can work out. All my competition use ladders to do similar houses to the ones i do but they do have the wfp in their van but they have squads of guys working for them where has i have one guy on and off so it would be handy for me if i was working on my own. Keep the money coming in that is the real reason i want to get it and the fact i've cleaned thousands upon thousands of houses over the years on ladders. Getting older now so need to look to the future
It was quite suprising how many have took to it and ive picked up loads as not many window cleaners use it.

I work a lot on a main road and i always get window cleaners asking all about it but they all say the same thing they like it but are too scared to invest a lot of money into it when it might go boobs up.

It was quite suprising how many have took to it and ive picked up loads as not many window cleaners use it.I work a lot on a main road and i always get window cleaners asking all about it but they all say the same thing they like it but are too scared to invest a lot of money into it when it might go boobs up.
What do you think about the standard of work on the window compared to using traditional methods do you get much complaints?

What do you think about the standard of work on the window compared to using traditional methods do you get much complaints?
Not now but I did at first. I had to explain to most of them to give it a chance it will improve with every clean and after the third or fourth clean it will leave them spotless. But i also said after that that they will have all their frames and sills cleaned aswell as part of the process of cleaning them. So the majority were happy with that as they was more for their money.

One or two didnt like me leaving them wet but i said its part of the process not touch them after you clean them as you run the risk of leaving streaks. One or two persistant ones asked me to blade it off so i said i will compromise and blade the downstair off.

Back