Running 2 poles

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Shaun1977, Feb 27, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

About to set another pole away from my van system and just wanting to pick you guys brains as to best and cheapest method. Do I defo have to run 2 pumps and controllers?

Also is there a way to run a charge to my battery to charge it without connecting to my alternator ?

Sorry if I'm sounding like a cheap skate but I'm only starting out and have pumped most savings into it

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?m5dlay

Advertisement
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Sorry Shaun, no idea what you mean by your 1st question?!.
    As for your 2nd question, i have my pump controller wired directly to my van battery, and i dont have any problems. My pump controller can be wired to a leasure battery too if i felt i needed it, in which case my van battery would keep the leasure battery charged up. :)

3. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

How is it wired direct to van battery mate does it not run van battery down

4. neil_09

neil_09 Guest

Mine is also wired directly to the van,
    Only ever run the batt dead once and that was my fault from the ***ht befor leavin inside light on.
    For £70 the local auto leccy man will wired up a second battery so this doesnt happen again.

As for pumps im pritty sure youll need two pumps

5. mark m

mark m Hero

Not sure if this helps but if you use a split relay off your car battery it will keep you leisure battery full of charge and one pump will keep 2 pole going

6. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i had a split relay fitted it blew with in a week, had a other fitted that blew with in a week, now i just wired a cable to the battery and it seems fine

7. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

The pump controller i bought had the necessary wiring included, and as for running the battery down, no, it has never happened. I have one street where i have the van parked up and i spend from 9am-12noon cleaning windows, never any problem starting afterwards. You will need a pump controller though, going straight from your battery to a pump may be asking too much.
    Vivaro's have the battery under the passenger seat if memory serves, so it will be a lot easier for you. Mine had to be routed from the engine compartment, which was a bit of a faff, but i managed ok.

8. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

What is benefits of using leisure battery over a normal heavy duty one?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?i5e4gi

9. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

A leasure battery is designed to be recharged repeatedly, a normal battery, heavy duty or otherwise, is not. So using it like this will wear it out much quicker than an equivalent leasure battery. But as mentioned, with a pump controller (which you should have anyway) you wouldnt have any problems wiring to your van battery unless it is is already knackered. :)

10. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

For brand new van battery on it so shouldn't be problem

Advertisement