Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best squeegee for pole tradding

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dan Paton

As per the title really. I don't particularly like ladder work so I'm going to practice tradding with a pole in case I can't WFP for any reason. What's the best squeegee for the job? I have a couple of wagtails but just wondered what others use.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

You have Choose a job where the number two tool after Water is a tool you Are afraid to use, sorry but get training on ladder ASAP. For the tool you looking for is wagtail modded to dont detail edges.

the wagtail slimline flipper would be my choice but ide never do domistic with one with a trad pole as fraims and sills would not get cleaned get ur l;adder skills up to scrach m8 there not unsafe if used proply and be faster and beta job than trad pole /emoticons/smile.png

I use Unger blades, with an angle adaptor fitted to the Moerman 6 meter telescopic pole.

You can get the Moerman pole in ToolZone for a cracking price

I have two slimline wagtail flippers 10" and 14". Stick it on a 5m harris pole with an angle adapter. As others have said you will struggle with the frames but is doable.

Check out some of the vids on youtube.

Trading the top windows using a pole is fine if you only have one or two windows upstairs and the rest are ground floor, so not worth unloading the ladders or if using a ladder would be unsafe like on decking. Otherwise going up a ladder for top windows is always going to be better as your up close and personal and can clean the frames, sills and vents.

Back