Running Dual Di vessels

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by KieMan, Jun 13, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. KieMan

KieMan Member

Hi I live in a hard water area also at my house I live on a new build so I'm on the meter and fill up still round my mums who is off the meter - I run it through RO then have one vessel with di to polish off to 0.0ppm - my ? Is how quick would I go through resin using duel vessel in van running straight tap water in tank as takes up to 4 hours for 200 litres atm - Tap water would go in around 250ppm. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I would say rather a lot about a 25 litre bag of resin every 2 week if not more depending on your usage

3. KieMan

KieMan Member

Sod that then would cost me a fortune - also get a good dinner round my mums so will stick to RO. Cheers

4. Alien Human

#4 Alien Human, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    4 hours for 200L!

I have just changed over to dual di within the van and had my first day of it on Friday. Few teething issues but overall it was fantastic and there is a great thread already on here in WFP section titled 'RO or DI?' which has some really good tips.

I have about the same ppm as you and expect to save money in the long run never mind the ease of being able to top up a bit with the customers blessing at their gaff.

It really does depend on usage but I go through about 300l per day and will be surprised if the bag doesn't last a minimum of 6 weeks (keep changing the answer as doin the maths in mee head lol) :)

5. KieMan

KieMan Member

Cheers for reply yes 4 hours for 200l pure is that bad? Will search other links for more info - 6 weeks will not be bad but that's around £60 so tenner a week, might be worth it for less hassle - keep me posted how long it actually does last mate.

6. Alien Human

Will do bud. 4 hours seems like a long time for that amount. Might be worth detailing exactly what your doing so peeps on the forum can hopefully help.

A chap whose experienced in using this set up says in the other post I mentioned that:

'90ppm & between 4 & 5 bags of resin per year running a 500ltr van mount using 1000-1800L per week.'

Which is how I've been attempting my maths :)

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

250 is a huge difference to 90

A rough guide at 4000 litres per month usage at £75 per bag using a single 25 litre di would cost 136.36 per month and would need changing every 2.4 weeks. Using twin di's your are probably looking at saving 10% of the cost.

Unless you have high profit work of say £200 - £300 per day to warrant the added cost then ro/di I think is the best option. As a comparision it would roughly cost 0.34 to produce 1 liter using the figures posted above and if using a ro/di instead would work out roughly 0.01 per litre using a decent high flow ro/di.

8. KieMan

KieMan Member

yeah thats what i was thinking i do/aim to do around £150-£200 a day on my own all good priced work based in surrey but still dont want to be forking out £100 plus a month just on resin - thats the problem my water area is 250ppm not like these guys who have 90ppm. they must live in the french alps of Evian.

9. Alien Human

I'm admittedly new to the set up (and bubbish at maths ;) ) but will be keeping an eye on how it performs. Hopefully the pre-filter will do its stuff to make it work well

What is boils down to though is I was getting fed up with how long it was taking to fill tank 25L DI (usually an hour) and the ability to fill up on site is a big bonus.

I have been quite fortunate with some big jobs recently so thought now was a good time to make the change & price accordingly.

10. KieMan

KieMan Member

but mine runs off 250ppm thats the problem i have mate....thought you said you had roughly same reading. I would love just to run straight from tap but dont think its going to be variable

Advertisement