Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Preferred Squeegee Size?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JC Blanco

Hi guys, Im currently about to update my equipment. I use a 18inch squeegee at the moment. I'm looking into trying a 20 inch. Does anyone has an opinion on the 20''?

I'm with Mark m. 12 inch is my biggest one and the one I use for everyday use and I do lots of shop fronts using this one. I have several smaller ones.

i,m using 14" for general graft nice size

18" wagtail for shop fronts on pole once you have mastered the 18" with pole its a breeze

6" squeegee for letter boxs and narrow windows

I prefer 12" for most of my work.

Its a shame that moerman haven't released a 12" Fliq as I like having a pad on my main squeegee.

I find the 14" liquidator a pain to use on quite a few windows

When i am tradding i like to use the right size for the particular window i am cleaning which is why i have 5", 10", 12", 14", 18" and bigger on my belt if i need it which is rare

Depending on mood i have each size in hand modded channels with a mix of handles and each size in liquidators

I have found the best method for residential is to use a squeegee approx 3rd of the size of the window. This allows for turning allowance when fanning. Therefore if the window is 30 inches wide I would use a 10 inch squeegee. Works for me using a wagtail/liquidator.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

14" for me I find is by far the most versatile. Big enough for patio doors and small enough to clean vent windows. Only thing it won't do is Georgian but if I had to do those trad it would be with a scrim anyway (I WFP them these days - much quicker)

For years i have used different sizes for each size window and my belt setup makes me look like Arnie in commando

This week i have tried streamlining and loving it

Have 14"liquidator with fliq which does most windows and is also my applicator for when I need other sizes

10" liquidator in my holster and 6" liquidator also for small openers

1 pouch with spray bottle of solution and a sill cloth

Wilko microfibre round my neck old skool stylee

Nice and light now

12" all day long even on the odd door.

Used to change to a 14" or 16" for doors but after all the faffing, trip to the bucket I've found I could I knock it out quicker by just carrying on with the 12".

I don't do any commercial/shop fronts hence no real large panes of glass

Horses for courses I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have mine in a holster on my belt opposite side to my boab and 14"with fliq in the boab

I can instantly grab what size i need without thinking

I don't even have a bucket in the motor anymore

It is in the shed full of handles and channels etc

I prefer my 55cm sorbo (incredible reach, saves me using a pole on many jobs) and a 25cm old brass ettore (or something) I inherited from my brother.

On smaller domestic windows I prefer to use a 45cm instead of the 55cm.

Back