Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Small step ladders for trad use.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Scottie

Hi,

I am after a set of small step ladders for trad use on bungalow windows or windows that are just a tad to high to reach and be comfortable. I dont want to spend much, but wondered if yu guys had an recommendations as too what ones work well with window cleaning, smallish and light but good wearing. 2nd hand or new, but cheapish will do.

Thank you.

step ladders are no good for this game, dangerous, very unstable

either get an A frame ladder or i prefer using a small pole , or get a beer crate to stand on

Step ladders are essential for the handyman work I do and have there uses in WCing, but not often enough to warrant buying one just yet. Ana frame is good, but can be pricey, I'm still looking to buy one myself. You'll definitely do well to get yourself a set of folding steps, or like boar says, a beer crate. If you get a beer crate then you can add a bit of ply wood or strand board to the top to make it a bit stronger-just glue it and screw it.

i use abru 4 tread trade for this and cut the nylon strap between the legs as they catch on the flowerpots :rolleyes:

If there are loads of bushes/plants in the way then a ladder is useless. That's when using a pole be it trad or wfp comes in handy. Also a lot of bungalow type properties have dorma and/or velux roof windows so what do you do then to clean them?

/emoticons/smile.png He just wants to ask what ladder he should get for Trad on low level work. Thats all.

He has got a pole.

Or use your normal ladders

Putnit above the window and go up a couple of rungs to reach

I know but I'm just pointing out that it's not an easy job as ppl make out it to be.:rolleyes:

/emoticons/smile.png He just wants to ask what ladder he should get for Trad on low level work. Thats all.He has got a pole.

Plus my 7 rung triples are also an a frame if needed..mini version of your big uns with the stabiliser bar

The point I'm trying to make is why struggle trying to do award jobs by trad/ladders when there is an easier and safer way :rolleyes:

Mind you after saying that I do carry 3 different types of ladders on the van and hop ups too that include: triple combi, double combi, conservatory roof ladder as I still use ladders if need be.

Step ladders are essential for the handyman work I do and have there uses in WCing, but not often enough to warrant buying one just yet. Ana frame is good, but can be pricey, I'm still looking to buy one myself. You'll definitely do well to get yourself a set of folding steps, or like boar says, a beer crate. If you get a beer crate then you can add a bit of ply wood or strand board to the top to make it a bit stronger-just glue it and screw it.

Each to their own mate

I keep saying I'll make a trolley set up but am busy working and it never happens

As I'm getting older i am taking less chances

Am as safe as i can be on a ladder

Gotta go do some work in a mo

Was out in london till late last night and am knackered now

Not the best time to be on a ladder.lol

Only.2 jobs but 2 which need getting out the way

Your best bet is to keep an eye out on fleebay, gumtree, freeads etc as you may be able to pick up some good used kit cheap /emoticons/wink.png

Hi,I am after a set of small step ladders for trad use on bungalow windows or windows that are just a tad to high to reach and be comfortable. I dont want to spend much, but wondered if yu guys had an recommendations as too what ones work well with window cleaning, smallish and light but good wearing. 2nd hand or new, but cheapish will do.

Thank you.

Got a bleedin 4 bed detached all georgians to do

Don't know if they could be wfp'd either as they are the really old thin brittle glass ones with about 2 inch deep wooden flakey paint frames around them

Pain in **** but good money

Plus insides so dirty she would never know if i didn't do em

Why have em cleaned

Back