Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Small step ladders for trad use.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I don't take on jobs like that as are too much hassle than they are worth

Got a bleedin 4 bed detached all georgians to doDon't know if they could be wfp'd either as they are the really old thin brittle glass ones with about 2 inch deep wooden flakey paint frames around them

Pain in **** but good money

Plus insides so dirty she would never know if i didn't do em

Why have em cleaned

It is fine just not my first choice of job on a Saturday morning

I use my cut down applicator and squeegee and sod the detailing

Don't know why these people bother

Just done 1 1 left to do then i have a weekend

She made me a coffee and gave me an extra fiver

Not too bad i suppose

Hard to say no to people who usually tip and treat you ok

Mind you after saying that I do carry 3 different types of ladders on the van and hop ups too that include: triple combi, double combi, conservatory roof ladder as I still use ladders if need be.
I always have 2 ladders on the roof- 1 that will get me to first floor window, this on also breaks down nicely for ground floor work too.

And another ladder that'll get me to gutter hieght- either an a frame which is great for WCing on taller properties, or the BPS with ankalad for gutter work.

On top of this I carry a youngman trade rated 7tread step which is super stable. And a prodec folding step which is super compact, but again very stable. Not a lot you can't access with all of that.

I still use an 'A' frame, comes in handy to lean over gates to unbolt them :thumbsup:
I re-felted a shed roof today with the customers out of the house and the gate locked.:rolleyes: I spent all day straddling the gate with my short a frame ladder, 1 piece on each side. I had to carry wood, roof felt, tools, brushes, the lot over. Saved the day though.:thumbsup:

I have a small set of fold out steps ladders for what you are talking about scottie. 3 steps and a top step / tray. Sometimes I wonder if a small A frame would be easier, but other times I am glad that they are fold out steps. So, what works well in one situation / house doesn't work so well in others.

I just bought mine in a local hardware store. They are trade standard.

jus remembered i once employed a bloke ,first day in he fell off a beer crate ,couldnt have been more than 18 inches but he landed on his back legs in the air like a beetle. i knew instantly he was "compo claiming happy"

jus remembered i once employed a bloke ,first day in he fell off a beer crate ,couldnt have been more than 18 inches but he landed on his back legs in the air like a beetle. i knew instantly he was "compo claiming happy"
Fell of a beer crate [emoji33]

I'm sure you were really happy to send him up proper ladders [emoji39]

Back