Sad Story..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Matty H, Mar 29, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

I was doing a house today in a street full of large properties (I only have 1 up there at £25 as there's a windy been going there since they were built - before I even started)

So this woman comes up to me today and asks me for a quote - £25 I say as its same as this one - she immediately accepts. Then another one comes out and the same thing!

Then the first woman was telling her neighbour who gestures me across - same again. So I say I know there's a lad who comes up here - Simon, has he packed in? No said the woman he's lying in intensive care in hospital with brain damage - HE FELL OFF HIS LADDER.

Very sad and that's one reason I'd never do trad - be careful out there's those who are.

I did pick up 3 x £25 houses today but I feel for this lad as I do know him to speak to :)

Advertisement
  2. Lewis

Lewis Guest

3. Paul

Paul Guest

Bugger that's not good man poor lad.

4. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

not to sound like a C here, but go around to his wife and ask for his work and split 50/50 until he is ready to return, that way she will have money coming in off the work and you will, plus if he decided to jack it in or cant come back you are already there, or all that will happen is it will get knocked and he will lose it

5. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

It certainly makes you think. I am trad and had a bit of a scare last week. I have a bad habit of hooking my fingers under PVC sills and leaning back as I detail. Anyway, my fingers slipped and I lost my grip. I could feel myself falling back...it was almost in slow motion. I thought I was a gonna. I ******ed at the sill as I started falling back but I could get a grip. It was only my third snatch that allowed me to grip and pull myself back. It scared me a little, particularly when I got back home and saw the wife and kids.....they could have been receiving a phone call that afternoon!

6. Posh

Posh Hero

That's awful

7. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Thats bad man, must make you feel pretty akward?.

Yeah, i wouldnt go up a ladder to clean a window either, one small lapse in concentration is all it takes to potentially end your life, just not worth it.

8. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

That is kinda a nice thing to do. But think you'd have to be very tactful about it, not go in looking like you want his work. Go for a general chat & see how he is, then see how the conversation goes.

Shame for the lad.

9. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Yes mate I felt bad taking the work but at the same time they are asking me and if another windy had been there then they'd have asked him I suppose.

[hr]
    I probably would if I knew where he lived fella!!

10. nearlyclean

Supplier

A bit tact, but if his got brain damage probably won't be going back to work. Its a real differcult one. As windyman said just go round to have chat and say a couple of his customers have ask you to cover his work while he gets better and if there is anything you can do to help.

Advertisement