Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

fao welsh cleaner

WCF

Help Support WCF:

laddergarder

here is a sales sheet for you mate that I use,

http://www.mcmanuswindowcleaning.co.uk/SalesSummary.xls

I record all my sales for the week, normally 5 mins each ***ht, I have a separate spreadsheet for my rounds, that tallies up the sales as I mark off each customer, then I just transfer that figure into my sales sheets.

For Expenses, I keep every receipt, I have a little green folder for each year, with all the week numbers marked out, e.g. a slot for weeks 1-4, slot for 5-8 etc. At the end of the month before I do my banking, I type in all the expenses into the expenses column then file the receipts into my folder.

As you can see from that sheet, it also tells you how much to bank, I just do a banking once a month. After I have done a cash-up and made sure that everything balances.

I don't record mileage, but my expenses are broken down on that sheet so I can see how much I have spent on petrol.

As for the tax man, I am afraid there really isn't any safe percent to put by. my only advice would be to get used to taking a small wage for the first year, say £800. Then if you make 20k after expenses, then you can keep that money, and start paying yourself another £700 from the profits from last year. That way that wage you take is more based on what you have achieved.

Then of course some of that is going to be tax, I would say put by about 20%, yes, once you take off your personally allowance, is should come out about that. However even saying that, personally if I was making 20k profit, I would pay myself 1k per month, so I also had some money to invest back into the business, or pay for any unexpected expenses.

Your sales is not your wage I am afraid.

problem with that is belfast, your accountant will hate you and charge you more, because they need to do a breakdown of your expenses, as some expenses are treated differently, e.g. large equipment cost taken as capital allowances, and liquid is just straight forward tax deductible.

good, good, apart from the not using an accountant part, but if you know your stuff then fair play, I got the impression you just had two columns - sales to date £50,000 - expenses £6,000. p.s. let me know how much I owe you tax man, and i'll see what I can do ;-).

I wish, lol.

Back