Saharan Dust

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Simply Business, Apr 10, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Simply Business

Simply Business Well-Known Member
    Supplier

Have any of you guys been affected (or even noticed any difference) with all of this apparent Saharan dust?

Bit foggy/cloudy here in Northampton, but can't say it's particularly noticeable. Is it affecting things for any of you guys further south?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32233922

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

not yet !

3. TolishAPurd

It was all over the sills here today. Great little money earner last year though so bring it on. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

:whistle:Just can't leave glass wet or it will stick
    1-0

5. TolishAPurd

We're screwed too mate. The curse of the dreaded soap residue will be our downfall.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Let's not start all this again lol

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Well I did say without dust particles being present then it don't rain :D

8. simon

simon Guru

this might soun daft but since thursday some of my windows are covered in little bits, i dunno what they are * its not every window, my son has the same, i've washed the tank out & backpacks, no change then i sprayed my house window with the hose i fill the tank with, straight from shed tap & same bits
    takes a lot of rinsing to get rid of them almost triple, but the glass seems to dry clear ????? ive had no complaints & ive asked a couple of customers to check the tops & all good. its like its something in the water but could it be this dust??? i only read about it on here yesterday & i've seen nowt on cills etc

9. Hanco13

Hanco13 Member

Getting this in Bostonshire lads. The glass has been caked in dust, plus I noticed the car and van have been covered in dust as well. Had similar when that Icelandic Volcano blew its top a couple of years ago and blew ash into the air. I suppose it keeps us in the job tho, bring on the dust I say.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You can get very fine particles of dirt wash out from frames, seals etc that can be difficult at times to rinse off the glass. I get this quite a bit mainly on first cleans when they are minging. Sames goes when washing filthy guttering, fascias, soffits and conservatories as the fine particles of dirt can cling to the glass like blooming spiderman. :D

Advertisement