Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pressure washing

mark

how do you more experienced pressure washer ops work?i cleaned a large blocked paved drive this week(3 rolled into one).my hands were dropping off.do you cable tie the trigger or tape it up?i used ply boards to try & reduce all the **** going on the porch,doors etc.any advice!!!I was covered from head to toe with dirt & carnt believe how much water I got through.

Yeah I cable tie the trigger with a loop that can easily be slipped on and off, I had to cut the trigger a bit so it's easy to push on it,

Never worry about mess, just sort of always try and spray away from the walls, and also I usually wash the walls down from a distance whilst working (so as not to blast the paint off or brick mortar)

I wear wellies but don't get too covered, the key is keeping the angle pointing away, so all the spray goes away from you...

thanks jake!!will try a loose cable tie.with all the talk with jetmac & pressure washers etc,it never let me down,infact its a fantastic machine.works really well with the turbo nozzle & brilliant on petrol.the drive came up like new,should of taken some pics-it was short notice & I was brickin it,not done anything like this!!!

thanks jake:would be nice too have a couple of these jobs a week.hard work but pay well & a change from cleaning windows

I offered to re sand the drive in with the price.she wasn't bothered,she said her son will do it,"even better"how soon after the job- do you re sand jake?

Ha! She's making your job easier then!

Depends on the weather, if it's dry then the next day, if not then maybe 2 days later...

My first year I cut a block of wood for mine that I could jam in the trigger. The idea being that if you drop the lance for whatever reason the block falls out and it doesn't fly around everywhere spraying water everywhere.

at the beginning of this year I splashed out on a LTF gun and I have to say it was worth every penny.

http://www.malcleanse.co.uk/310-bar-45-lpm-high-pressure-gun-easywash365-gunew365sv-p-2071.html

by the time I added on some fittings and a ss lance it worked out to about 100 pounds but like I say. Worth every penny.

thanks jake!!will try a loose cable tie.with all the talk with jetmac & pressure washers etc,it never let me down,infact its a fantastic machine.works really well with the turbo nozzle & brilliant on petrol.the drive came up like new,should of taken some pics-it was short notice & I was brickin it,not done anything like this!!!
I always take before and after pictures of every job. Good to show prospective clients as well as covering your **** if something is broken/ gets broken.

Here's an emergency job I done yesterday. £200 for the morning. I did have to drive an hour there then an hour back with a full tank of water though.
a743cd1ae17b0c440f7972ff10c0e9a2.jpg
626e0afd645159b255eafed4c85e4ffa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back