Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Chemical To Remove Engine Oil

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jimbob

i was just on my way home when a customer at a comercial job rang me and said a van had leaked oil all over so i went down and after soaking the worst up with grit i scrubbed in some drive cleaner/degreaser just a basic off the shelf one ive got rid of the oil stains as far as i can tell ( on concrete and tarmac) but theres still a greasy film coming threw/ on the water will this dry ok or is there a stronger chem i can use to break this down?

Selden Maxima should do the trick on the concrete. Don't get it on the tarmac as it will dissolve it ;-)

theres a oil remover in halfords called gunk , about afiver and it works very well , if you want a quick fix try any washing up liquid , just apply to the area and hand scrub let sit for 10 mins then rinse with the washer , this might need to be done several times to completely remove the stain

ok thanks i'm popping back today to see how its dried if i need to il try that gunk ive seen it in a couple of places, i dont want to use owt too strong as i know that some chemicals can knacker tarmac

popped back this morning and it was ok a tiny bit of rainbow effect in one little spot but the gaffer was pleased i saved his work shop and yard

We first apply a caustic degreaser with a pump sprayer. Then agitate the area with a brush in the heavily soiled areas and let it sit dormant for 10-15 minutes, without letting it dry.

The unit we use is a hydro-tech SCU series 8 gpm dual operator. Our burner gets us to right around 200 degrees. We buy our degreaser locally and occasionally make it ourselves.

Back