Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

plyling van .... how much?

£40 on two 8x4 12mm sheets of marine ply and £5 on screws, did the cutting and fitting myself.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I am about to refit mine on a budget of £250 - protectakote for the bed, then ply lining the lot including shelving, will do all the cutting and fitting myself also.
By 'bed' do you mean the metal base of the van mate?

I did mine DIY only 4 months ago but didn't do a very good job so will have to do it again /emoticons/sad.png

I put protectakote on ply and then siliconed the gaps but i didn't do the drop when the side door is and water has gone under everything I've done causing the ply to get sodden. Feckin annoying but we live and learn.

That's why I'm asking lots of questions on various threads as I want to get it right next time. Cheers /emoticons/smile.png

Yes, by bed I mean the floor in the back, I will protectakote the rear floor and about 3 or 4 inches up the sides. then re-ply all the sides and use some caravan sealant to around all the edges.

Not too sure if I will re-ply the floor once covered but we will see.

Yes, by bed I mean the floor in the back, I will protectakote the rear floor and about 3 or 4 inches up the sides. then re-ply all the sides and use some caravan sealant to around all the edges.
Not too sure if I will re-ply the floor once covered but we will see.
Makes sense - keep us up to date bud. I will be doing it as well before winter kicks in.

Back