Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thank God!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

well done on mot mate /emoticons/smile.png

and good stuff with the hot water system... just make u dont crack any glass /emoticons/tongue.png cos it can easily crack glass with ice on it

Trouble is rc what I found with an L5 water heater with also all the hassle I mentioned earlier when running it gives off a lot of corbon monoxide and water vapour too so I needed to keep the doors wide open so stopped using it after a few days . I was going to get a different flue type water heater called a fogwash which was supposed to be a lot better than the L5 but in the end I could not be arsed with getting it setup properly by cutting holes in the van roof etc so never bothered with van mount water heaters after that.

im just gonna fill my van up every morning /emoticons/smile.png much more easier /emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/tongue.png lol

im just gonna fill my van up every morning /emoticons/smile.png much more easier /emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/tongue.png lol
not as good as nice warm water to work with in the ice cold air of winter! lol

No probs rc,..Might be just me being overly fussy I guess but please do let us know how you get on.

thanks for your concerns about it, have to see how well it goes

for the small amount of time you are going to use hot water fill up with hot at home though a di or even better fit a immersion heater for £40 before you spend your money Rc check these ways out save you £000`s

for the small amount of time you are going to use hot water fill up with hot at home though a di or even better fit a immersion heater for £40 before you spend your money Rc check these ways out save you £000`s
it wont be for a small amount of time as i will always be using day in day out!

yer you could but i dont use di and never plan to. ro all the way for me as i have a static 1000lt system. immersion heaters are expencive to run its not just £40 to buy its the running cost of it. already done the costings for this on a earlier topic about van heater, plus the warm water can slowly do damage to the diaphram in the pump. (would take a while) so for these reason thats why i want the heater.

Nice Idea John but sadly I don't have a combi boiler also my tap water is 350 ppm so that's a no go for me....

I have seen on other forums they have worked it out several times that it cost approx 28p a day to heat a 400lt tank .I dont think that is a cost your L5 and then a propane gas bottle with gas plumbling bits ect £250 then running cost i know which one i would go for . All i am saying like smurf has also said before dont rush into buying a L5 look into other methods as they have not got the best record

I have seen on other forums they have worked it out several times that it cost approx 28p a day to heat a 400lt tank .I dont think that is a cost your L5 and then a propane gas bottle with gas plumbling bits ect £250 then running cost i know which one i would go for . All i am saying like smurf has also said before dont rush into buying a L5 look into other methods as they have not got the best record
ok, other reason for it, i get the gas for free! as farther-in-law supplys gas bottles for part of his business so never need to pay for it! all the gas fitting already come with the heater so thats not extra cost.

So did you get a ce cert L5 from the uk then rc a mine came from the states a few years back?

so lets work this out,

£140 for heater divided that by 365 days a year = 0.39p each day

actual running cost for an immersion heater:-

37.5p an hour

£3.75 a night (10 hours)

£26.25 a week

£105 a month

£1260.00 for a year

it takes 2-3 hours just to heat up 100lts of water,

thats goin on the tarriff im on, might be slightly different for other people

i know what one i would choose!!!!

Take it you're going to use propane gas then as you get it free?
would of done even if i didnt get it for free as it is supplied with a propane regulator and hose for attaching on a standard propane tank

Latest Posts

Back