saturated areas

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Ryan, Feb 17, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ryan

Ryan Guest

When canverssing do u guys go into areas u know are covered ?

if so are do u pick up few jobs ???

i went into a area today first 3 people said to me " thanks we have a window cleaner "

so i thought to myself ah if i get a few more of this i'll leave the area

anyway plodded on and managed to pick u 5 jobs within this area even tho there's someone in there.
    oviosly i picked the dirty houses after that as u can tell which 1s where clean in comparison.

anyone else get dis hartend if u know someone in the area ?

Advertisement
  2. laddergarder

Just keep plodding on mate, try to go to a street with the idea to knock every door, and see how you do, don't allow a few knock backs to put you off. It is hard, but the reality is that if you are just starting out, every area will be the same, you will one pick up a couple per street, or even none, then there will be the odd streets that you will pick up loads, but they are few in far between in my experience.

Over time, you will pickup a few neighbours on that street, or new home owner will move in, and if you are regular, and do a good job, some may even sack there window cleaner to use you instead if there window cleaner is unreliable. The window cleaners that are there may give it up, and you could pick up loads, you might have the opportunity to buy work in that area. You just never know, but you wont find out unless you knock, knock, knock.

Overtime you will build some expectations of what you will get from a few hours door knocking, and that will give you the confidence to keep at it.

3. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Ya thanks mate

I set myself a target of 1 customer every time i go out if i go out then 20 times a month thats worth £160 a month from a average of £8 a house sometimes more just depends where i am.

which in turn is a days work

but iv picked up a few this week so am very happy with my results so far :]

4. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

Oh, I see, you're asking about lots of window cleaners in a particular area.

When it said "saturated area's" and you are 'Welsh_cleaner' I thought you meant something else............

5. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

a lot of the areas in cornwall are saturated with cheap, been doing it for years and father before that window cleaners, who charge £4 for a semi detached

6. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

That's crazy. I feel very lucky to live in a large town circa 250k people albeit quite spread out over around 10 mile radius

7. Ryan

Ryan Guest

ya thats mad

average price around me for 3 bed semi is £8-10-12 depending on extensions ect ect

8. laddergarder

yeah, there is a few round here that are like that, I had one customer who told me a few month before Christmas that there were a couple of guys round offering to do there windows for £3.50 for a job I charge £6 for. I still never lost any customers though.

9. James

James Guru

The trick is not to get dishartened. Window Cleaners are now in every area covered, it's just trying to get a nice % of jobs in an area to try and compete with your compe***ion. Years and Years ago it was common that one window cleaner would have one patch and every other winny cleaner knew this therefor they wouldn't go near it. Nowadays it's just a complete free for all. If you get a customer, do an excellent job and you will keep them.

James.

10. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i think one of the reason there are lots of new wc, is the internet, all they got to do is visit some forums and people are talking of earning 350 a day on there own and only working 9-3 and they are doing this every day, then they moan becasue new people start up and undercut them

Advertisement