Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ted Moult wasn't lying

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Danfire

A bungalow I clean has the old, hardwood outer framed with white powder coated inner aluminium framed, Everest windows....I reckon these must be getting on for thirty years old....one large window has a huge, smoked brown glass lower panel that looks like it might even be 70's style....what I find impressive is the condition of these units....no rot in any timber, and almost unbelievably not one sealed unit is blown, they all still have the old Everest logo on them....I don't know if they used to coat their glass with anything but the squeegee glides over the glass....windows being fitted today are not close to the quality of these.

My mum had an Electrolux fridge and freezer that were bought when we moved house in 1980...she just had her kitchen changed and the old fridge and freezer were still working fine...bet the new ones are not still working in 35 years time.

Fit the best!

Fit Everest!

I used to work for them and the old mk1 aluminium you are on about were a pain as the hardwood outer frame went in separately to the ally.

I can still spot them as they have grooves in the outer face.

The custys that have them love it when you tell them how good they are, nice way to get them chatting before tapping them up for other work.

^^ Sounds like you all drive Allegros an drool over the neighbors Rover. Now go trim your tash, knock out your pipe and pick out your smartest cardie for your trip to Ye Olde Ale House for a pint of Bitter /emoticons/smile.png

We had an orange allegro. It broke down on the Severn bridge! Ahhh happy days.

Fit the best!Fit Everest!

I used to work for them and the old mk1 aluminium you are on about were a pain as the hardwood outer frame went in separately to the ally.

I can still spot them as they have grooves in the outer face.

The custys that have them love it when you tell them how good they are, nice way to get them chatting before tapping them up for other work.
Those are the exact window, grooves on the aluminium frame.

Back