Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scheduling and ordering rounds

LongRoad

Any advice on the best way to run rounds. I do 4 and 8 weekly cleans.

Is there any way to stop the clashing of the 4 and 8 weekly jobs? Do you schedule by area, frequency or something else?

Any suggestions on how to run the schedule would be very welcome. I use cleaner planner for the scheduling

Is there any way to stop the clashing of the 4 and 8 weekly jobs? Do you schedule by area, frequency or something else?

Any suggestions on how to run the schedule would be very welcome. I use cleaner planner for the scheduling
Use a diary. A book containing paper pages with days and numbers on them ?

How do 4 and 8 weekly clash ??? You just don’t do the 8 weekly every other time it’s nice and simple , been doing it for  22 years without any problems . 

All our rounds are in set areas to minimise traveling time .

ime old fashioned   and don’t use or want software apps that crash , and are owned by a 3 rd party we use spread sheets again never had a problem with over 4,000 customers. 

How do 4 and 8 weekly clash ??? You just don’t do the 8 weekly every other time it’s nice and simple , been doing it for  22 years without any problems . 

ime old fashioned   and don’t use or want software apps that crash , and are owned by a 3 rd party we use spread sheets again never had a problem with over 4,000 customers. 
Are you splitting your areas into 4 weekly or 8 weekly or are you doing a mixture of both frequencies on the same day?

I dont get how they cant clash, every which way i do it the days always end up too much work and then in 4 weeks time not enough work.

I do the same as you in regards to area specific. Area 1 on monday of week 1, then area 1 on Monday of week 5. But they always mess up

Are you splitting your areas into 4 weekly or 8 weekly or are you doing a mixture of both frequencies on the same day?

I dont get how they cant clash, every which way i do it the days always end up too much work and then in 4 weeks time not enough work.

I do the same as you in regards to area specific. Area 1 on monday of week 1, then area 1 on Monday of week 5. But they always mess up
No we don’t split 4-8 weekly as an example this month we have 20 4 weekly jobs in xxx street next month we have 20 4 weekly jobs in the same street and 5 8 weekly jobs we just do what’s due when we are there and adjust the work as needed fir each month , another way to do it is divide your 8 weekly work so that each month you are doing half the 8 weekly work sk as an example if you have 20 4 weekly jobs in xxx street and 20 8 weekly jobs in the same street do 10 8 weekly jobs each month then you are doing the same amount of work each month it takes a couple of months to juggle things around but it’s not difficult, we push for 4 weekly and the vast majority of our work is that but we do di 8 weekly in with it it works well . Hope this makes sense 

No we don’t split 4-8 weekly as an example this month we have 20 4 weekly jobs in xxx street next month we have 20 4 weekly jobs in the same street and 5 8 weekly jobs we just do what’s due when we are there and adjust the work as needed fir each month , another way to do it is divide your 8 weekly work so that each month you are doing half the 8 weekly work sk as an example if you have 20 4 weekly jobs in xxx street and 20 8 weekly jobs in the same street do 10 8 weekly jobs each month then you are doing the same amount of work each month it takes a couple of months to juggle things around but it’s not difficult, we push for 4 weekly and the vast majority of our work is that but we do di 8 weekly in with it it works well . Hope this makes sense 
Yes, this does make sense and im going to give this a try and see how it pans out. If youre full the days you're on about and then get 5 new jobs in that street the week your're there do you just put them in for the following day or is there a specific way you would manage that? I mean if you physically dont have enough manpower to get those 5 new jobs done on that day.

I know i sound a plank even asking these questions, i have quite a few customers and often struggle with high numbers of new customers on the days im already rammed, this is what knocks everything out of sync most of the time, and i dont want them waiting ages for the first clean to be done so when i put them in the next day it messes up my other rounds. Its something that iv been trying to resolve for a while.

I also use a spreadsheet the numbers app on iPhone then just print from my printer and I’ve got a sheet with me all day so I don’t have to keep getting my phone out to see what’s going on! Ticks for paid star for not paid yet and a cross next to the 8 weekers that aren’t due that month.. 

I use squeegee to organise and balance my 8 weekly cleans to spread them around and I do one road on a Saturday full of 8 weekly cleans in an area that's not on my patch/target.

I like to offer them as windows can last this long without being too dirty but I increase the price up for extra time cleaning and admin ect.

3 bed's nothing fancy like bay windows £12 4 weekly and £16 8 weekly, some customers prefer it financially whilst some get the **** about the increase price.

I use squeegee to organise and balance my 8 weekly cleans to spread them around and I do one road on a Saturday full of 8 weekly cleans in an area that's not on my patch/target.

I like to offer them as windows can last this long without being too dirty but I increase the price up for extra time cleaning and admin ect.

3 bed's nothing fancy like bay windows £12 4 weekly and £16 8 weekly, some customers prefer it financially whilst some get the **** about the increase price.
If you want more bi-monthly just highlight the saving. 

‘Monthly would be £12, bi-monthly £16 however you will save £48 a year choosing bi-monthly.’

‘Monthly would be £12, bi-monthly £16 however you will save £48 a year choosing bi-monthly.’
I'm not a fan of bi-monthly. Take today, I'm running a week late and had bird dropping all over an upstairs Juliet door. I thought no bother the hotwater will soften it and I will go back to it. No chance, had to get ladder out and use a scarper because it was stuck like concrete, reason, South facing window/door. Sun beating on it all day everyday. Bi-monthly means a longer clean and i do two of them and would rather ditch them tbh.

I see it as a 33.3% price increase for 20% extra work.

I'm thinking about reintroducing my old faq and add a contract page you if someone ask me to skip a visit then I charge when 8 weekly price.

That's a very valid point but some people don't understand the saving even when it's explained to them. We lost a fairly recently recruited customer today that wanted to go from 6 weekly to 12 weekly. They wanted the price to stay the same. We offered to meet them half way with the pricing and we explained they would have saved £48 per annum on what they were paying us.

A lot can't get their heads past the price of the visit and think " I'm not paying that to have my windows cleaned!"

We don't bargain once we've made an offer of compromise. They will be replaced in a very short time.

I also use a spreadsheet the numbers app on iPhone then just print from my printer and I’ve got a sheet with me all day so I don’t have to keep getting my phone out to see what’s going on! Ticks for paid star for not paid yet and a cross next to the 8 weekers that aren’t due that month.. 
Just be careful carrying paper copies of customers details in a van as it comes under GDPR all there details should be stored on a device and password encrypted  stupid but that’s how it is now ????

Just be careful carrying paper copies of customers details in a van as it comes under GDPR all there details should be stored on a device and password encrypted  stupid but that’s how it is now ????
Thanks for looking out, I don’t have any personal details on there just a name or road name could be like lark close/blue garage door or Mr hall/lark close for example so I know which ones are which if there’s more than one in that road.. does that still have to be stored on a device like that even? 

Thanks for looking out, I don’t have any personal details on there just a name or road name could be like lark close/blue garage door or Mr hall/lark close for example so I know which ones are which if there’s more than one in that road.. does that still have to be stored on a device like that even? 
Technically yes anything with a customers name and address shouldn’t be on a bit of paper but on a device , ridiculous but that’s the way it’s all going ???

Back