Schools?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by joebromley, May 24, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. joebromley

joebromley Newcomer

Hi chaps.

My mate has won a contract with a school; once annually, 4 days work for a grand. he only got offered a shot at quoting because he was on his way out of his house and getting into his van when asked for a business card by a lady passer-by who worked for that school.

Im wondering how on earth you get a shot at "canvassing" an establishment like that in genral?

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

I thought all schools were run by the council and you had to go on a waiting list

3. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Schools are one of the easiest to get your foot in the door, since January I think Ive sent the lads into at least 10 schools. Some are Local authority, but also some of the budget is held locally, your best doing a search for Independent schools. The only trouble with them as the OP said, they are normally yearly, quarterly or every six months. When you ring ask if there is a site maintenance person if not it will be the Bursar. They are not as difficult as you think, yes 1000 is a normal price for a school if its a one off, if not quite often more. Hope that helps.

4. Posh

Posh Hero

I do my local school. 2 times a year inside & out. I got recommended by a friend & 2 of us go in and do it. Get paid within a week. I think it was up to the caretaker to find someone. That's what happened to me and now I just deal with the caretaker.

5. A.K WINDOWS

ive done schools i just walk in and leave a card they ring big money in days,council pays the bill as there on a budget,speak to caretaker ect.i pulled £500 in two days easy coin:)

6. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Nope no secret to getting in with them

7. Paul

Paul Guest

The schools here are run by FM companies

8. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Ive been ringing Local Authority last week, came across an area where the same cleaning company does all the schools. Unfortunately had just missed the tender by about 2 weeks.

Is that all the schools Paul?

9. simon

simon Guru

there's a kendal firm that do schools up your way paul

10. Paul

Paul Guest

Grahame FM Simon, I'm not to sure Catherine how would I find that out?

Advertisement