Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lovely Story I Forgot To Share With You Guys...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Masons

Big H's tip story reminded me of a story from a few weeks back.

So anyway, a few weeks ago on this row of shops I clean there's a news agent where I've only cleaned the windows above the shop once, and never cleaned the actual shop in the 10 years I've cleaned the area.

The shop is owned by a lovely asian couple who are always nice and say hello when most people on the estate are rude and crude. lol

They asked me to clean the back of the property as a one off, I had a look and they'd had 6 windows, 2 windows egged and they looked a proper mess.

I totally undercharged and said a fiver will do, and then spent a good 20mins+ sSwear word!ing and sSwear word!ing this egg and the windows had hard water stains but they came up really well.

Anywho the woman had stayed outside chatting to me and when she went to get the money I thought 'nah I don't want paying.'

Well she tried and tried with payment and a tip, I said your money is no good today I said you're both so nice and you're always up for a chat so don't worry about payment.

She shouted her husband saying he won't take the money and I shouted through "NO, I'm not taking a penny hehe".

I left she thanked me again and I drove round the front of the shops to collect from the other shops I clean and he came out with a bag with bread, drinks and all sorts in, and then he said "you have to take it".

I do enjoy my job when you have people like this who you speak to weekly even if you don't do the windows, being able to talk to people all day is a delight I say.

Whenever I buy drinks on that row of shops it's from them and not from shops I actually clean, as they are a local shop and they're just nice people. lol

Back