Schools

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by dasslr1, May 9, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

my to girls go to school near me and i want to ask the school if i can clean their windows for them [they are filthy],but just wondering what would i need ie; would i need a CRB check? anything else?

Advertisement
  2. nwcs

nwcs Forum Addict

u do need a crb check ,

but there are ways around this

clean when the school is closed ,

school holidays , out of school hours,

this is what i school told me once when i was asked to quote a local school.

3. Neil

Neil Grand Master

I heard you don't really need a crb mate for window cleaning schools as my dads mate is a sgt at Scotland Yard, I was looking into this too I know you need a crb for nursing homes which I have just got defo worth getting one for nursing homes mate and go for the enhanced crb check too

4. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

I clean a school, you DON`T need a CBS check now called a DBS check. I do them whilst the kids are in class so no need to work out of hours or in their holidays either.

Other than that you just need what you use every day.

5. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Some of you are saying you do need them, and some of you are saying you don't or ways around it.

Well wouldn't it be safer to get a CRB check you know, especially in this day of age huh?

6. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

We`ve been over this before and it`s "Rammel" this day and age we are made to pay for everything, even to prove we`ve been good boys.

This worthless piece of paper will not tell you that a good boy from the past, wont be a bad boy in the future.

Also the police do not share information properly (they cant be arsed or the government dont give them enough funding).
    So things still happen like Soham in Norfolk.

7. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

ty for comments ill prob get one just to make sure

8. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

I used to do a school, but gave it to anther windy. I had to fill in a form, something to do with who you were, and, beware, I had to give in my tax reference number!!. Apart from that it was OK. I was allowed to start after 2:30pm, but not allowed to go when there was no body about - they have no caretaker.

9. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

I do a school they wanted me because I am CRB checked & local, but to be honest I don't think they checked if I even had been! plus I did it at the weekend anyway!
    I thought most schools get there windows done in the holiday times anyway!?

10. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

nursing homes are awesome to clean ,when i left school {many years ago} my mate was a builder at the time but was going into window cleaning and i joined him.he had over30 nursing homes to do per month .very quick to do no messing about with peoples gates and jumping over walls then coming back to collect.wish i ad them now.lol

Advertisement