Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scottish lockdown and Boris addressing nation at 8pm....what does this mean?

its a cop and puss out but i send them a proper letter properly stamped through mail (headed business paper etc)  you dont have to talk to them direct, YOU are telling them how it is.  They still think they've done nothing wrong.  Rightly or wrongly, saying something that will possibly pi$$ off or annoy the customer  if you call them out on their problems, they can NEVER do wrong in their own eyes.  It CAN and OFTEN DOES leads to bad reviews against you which your always best to avoid if you can

" Dear XXXXXXXXX

I am writing with regard to your ongoing window cleaning

I have recently won a large contract working for the local authority and as a result I now have to end a large proportion of my domestic work

Many thanks for you custom, this past year(s).

If you pop a post on your local FaceBook group “Services for XXXXXX” somebody should be able to recommend you another cleaner to help you out 

Best regards 

XXXXXXXXXXXXX "

for a job that comes in via email or facebook and red flags are set off early doors and i dont wish to take them on, i reply with 

"Hi XXXXX

Thanks for the XXXXX earlier.    To be totally fair, I'm full up these days

I have not long bought a retiring cleaners round in my hometown (XXXXX) and added to my own existing work now have more than enough work for one man to handle. Sorry i have not got round to updating the website/FaceBook page as of yet 

Best regards 

XXXXXX   

PS if you pop a post on your local FaceBook group "Services for XXXXXX " i'm sure someone will be able to recommend another cleaner to help you out
Just to say thanks for the info, have used some of your ideas to shed a couple of annoying customers and it's worked a treat and it's over and done with ??

If people with non essential jobs stayed indoors it would reduce the risk. More people staying at home the lower the risk. We have a non essential job. 
It maybe non essential, but it keeps the economy turning, and if go cardless you go near nobody. Its 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other, 

I just want to get b****y started, get me tank etc fitted and go !

It's here to stay and staying in won't stop it, might slow it down but won't get rid of it. Even the vaccine isn't 100% successful, 
Very true and bare in mind it treats the symptoms, not kills the virus stone dead. Helps with the ill effects but you can still contract it and pass it on jab or no jab.

Thank goodness for a fully functional immune system. 

Business as usual for me tomorrow, no ones cancelled and they have all been texted. Like many have said we are quite limited to face to face interactions for the most part. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you actually working on a book? We have a cleaner here who writes. He's got a few sci fi ones on amazon. I'll have to look them up again. 
I've wrote 3 books and you can get two on Amazon just now but I'm rewriting my best book called Friarshall with the help of an author customer. He shortens each chapter down and tells me what I need to put in so I write a few pages and he fits them in. Its working for us at the moment and should be finished in the Spring. ?

I've wrote 3 books and you can get two on Amazon just now but I'm rewriting my best book called Friarshall with the help of an author customer. He shortens each chapter down and tells me what I need to put in so I write a few pages and he fits them in. Its working for us at the moment and should be finished in the Spring. ?
What are the ones on amazon called? 

Back