Scottish Newbie

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Donny, Dec 2, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Hi all, my names Donny and i run " Donnys Cleaning Services" in the western Isles of Scotland, for the last 7 years ive been busy building up my business consisting of wheelie bin cleaning rounds and powerwashing roofs paths driveways etc as well as painting and sealing roofs, have 1 employee and a nissan primastar van kitted out with the wheelie bin unit and a Honda 13 hp powerwasher as well as a trailer to tow my other powerwashers and gear about, so what am i doing on a window cleaning forum then lol ?
    Well on my bin rounds i was constantly getting asked if i cleaned windows so i started researching the business online , sussing out that i wanted a van with a wfp pole unit a heater of some kind ( it gets mighty cauld this far north ) and as i live in a soft water area a di to purify my water, found a van in Chesterfield and as the fella had a ro system in his garage he installed a di vessel and resin in van for me as well, spec of van is
    Nissan Primastar lwb, 650 litre Facelift tank, 2 microbore 100m reels, 100psi shuriflow pump, di vessel, Poseidon lpg water heater and flue he also threw in a 27' Gardiner pole and brush , ive bought since i got van some trad gear buckets scrims etc and a Brodex 36' hydra pole and brush ( heavier than Gardiner and a bit off a workout so will be a spare i reckon lol ) also got a TDS meter and outa the tap our water is 0.090ppm and after running through the resin its 0.000 :) and tank fills up in a half hour :) so all good to go soon.
    Ive been practicing first on my own hoose and some friends and family and the system does a good job so im happy with it gonna start leafletting and advertising soon and just give the world of window cleaning a bash , currently ive been caught out by the first frost off the winter and the van is frozen ootside so im putting a oil filled rad in the back too defrost it all and hope its all ok when its warmed up, luckily i covered it all in blankets as i wassnae gonna use the van till id done some practice with the gear so hopefully be ok , so wish me luck and im sure ill be asking some dumb greenhorn questions till i get some experience so bear wi me and as we say up here in the highlands SLAINTE virtual drinks on me :)

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Best of luck Donny, welcome to the forum. Babychams all round then..

3. mr shine

mr shine Guru

welcome to the forum donny ,i also clean wheeliebins windows powerwashing etc , i might have a few questions for you

4. harunh

harunh Legend

Cool story bro n gud luck

5. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, and of course if i can be off any help then fire away, its what forums are for:)

6. mark m

mark m Hero

Welcome to the forum Donny

7. brilhoservices

Hi Donny and welcome to the forum.

8. mr shine

mr shine Guru

hi donny im using the freshbins trailer , a great bit of kit , what have you got

9. Posh

Posh Hero

Bonjour.

10. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Im using a Nissan Primastar with a unit made by Spectrum in Stonehaven, (now defunct) ill put some pics on soon, works real well, simple and efficient, use a 13hp Honda and Interpump geared pump and a Hotbox to heat the water for the Organic bin cleans (yuk) works well though :) , has a 4 stage filtration system.

Advertisement