Scraper blades

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Tuffers, Nov 10, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

What do you use? I only use one every now and again, but when I come to use it, it's usually rusted up.

Recommendations please.

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

ive read that the new Unger stainless steel blades dont rust, be great if thats true but im suspicious

i have used Triumph stainless and Unger carbon steel up to now-all rust badly, id not recommend

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I always wipe mine off with a clot at the end of the day and it's fine
    When i forget then i get a rusty one

4. TolishAPurd

You can get stainless steel ones mate, they shouldnt rust as quick.

Not sure if you do this already, but if you don't you might find it helps. Everytime I use the scraper, I carefully wipe the sides of the blade with my sill cloth. Even thought the sill cloth is wet it gets rid of the standing water on it which rusts it quickly. My blades tend to last a lot longer now I do this.

5. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

I use a plastic one from wcc. Blades don't last very long ,,, I prefer them to metal

6. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

Got one of the little unger scrapers, barely use it, as scared I scratch the glass, when it comes out the blade is rusty, i think the blades are supposed to get changed often in them, since they are not made to last:thumbsdown:.

7. david smith

david smith Guest

hmmmm, i seem to have to throw away the whole scraper as i can never change the blade....

i am quite happy with my blunt rusty blade until they snap...

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Yeah, I tend to chop half a finger off trying to change a blade. Saying that, I've just ordered 10 for £2.99 off eBay Dave :thumbsup:

BTW I'm going to call you Dave for ever more now Dave :laugh:

9. david smith

david smith Guest

its okay tuffers....half my custys know me as dave...er ...its only a problem when they write a cheque..ooops...

er ...wheres my tuffers online link.....i only use six inch mind you....as the bigger the better....:rolleyes:

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

find that if you coat the slider with a dab of vaseline it stops it all rusting up inside

Advertisement