Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Standard price for gutter and soffit cleaning.

sullybeans

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has set prices for Fascia, soffit and gutter cleaning like most have for emptying the gutters. I charge £15 a side for emptying gutters and normally price up jobs with how long I think it will take. What do you guys charge per side for FSG cleaning on a semi detached 3 bed. £25/30?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Window Cleaning Forums

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has set prices for Fascia, soffit and gutter cleaning like most have for emptying the gutters. I charge £15 a side for emptying gutters and normally price up jobs with how long I think it will take. What do you guys charge per side for FSG cleaning on a semi detached 3 bed. £25/30?
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Window Cleaning Forums
I Charged today £160 per each semi detached (3 runs) I did two semi's £320 for days work and was home by 3, started at 8:30am, not saying this to show off just charge simply what you want to earn. My main income is Gutters with windows being a side line. Explain that you check and flush down pipes, flow check system, seal or replace leaking joints. Treat is like your a plumber or a roofer and charge their rates as they do gutter cleans for that prices. I win 4/5 jobs I quote at them prices.

View attachment 7105 View attachment 7105 This is a tricky one my standard price is 40 for gutter clean I use a vac myself and anything missed I get the gutter tools in there. If they're awkward and more lengths I would say 60, 16lengths of gutters I have recently done some a metre long some 6metres long I charged 125 go with gut feeling in my experience

60 for a gutter clean on average house, 40 if they are an existing customer.
Yeah fair if you go nuts with pricing gutter they will either have a go themselves or get someone else in cheaper there is always someone that will do it on the cheap

For a typical 3 bed semi with a strip at front and a strip at the back I charge £25 per side to clear them and an additional £30 per side to polish up the soffits and fascias.

If they want the gable end doing that's another £20.

I charge 15 each side also for gutter clean outs I guess it depends on the areas and how rich the customer on how much you charge and of course how long it takes I know in yorkshire people charge different

Realistically you are never going to be able to charge more than £50 a side. Average side being 10 metres plus 2x apex sides at 30 each. That's a cleaning charge. If you are to clear it and are on ladders I'd say you need to be charging minimum 40 a side at 10 metres.

Personally I price a gutter vac clearance for 30 metres of guttering around the £150 mark. And to clean around £195. I give them that price then knock it down a bit to sell the job to them. Normally it would be £345. I then charge £280. But I have to add v.a.t. so I do find it difficult when it comes to pricing work as i include the v.a.t rate in the final price. So I sometimes have to take a slight hit on profit if the job is priced relatively high. I'd say from hearing from local window cleaners they price an average three bed semi 195/220. So not a bad average really.

Thats not bad lol That's good money for a day if you can get it and you probably get that for commercial like offices too but in most areas I bet the average joe public ain't got that amount to spend so i think it would limits the amount of future customers you would get. Good on you tho you probably work hard to get the work

Thats not bad lol That's good money for a day if you can get it and you probably get that for commercial like offices too but in most areas I bet the average joe public ain't got that amount to spend so i think it would limits the amount of future customers you would get. Good on you tho you probably work hard to get the work
Our lads can push 1k on gutters. Two lads in one van. They stream in all year. But like you say average joe doesn't have that kind of dosh. They can happily spend 1000s on new upvc guttering that can, and inevitably will just get dirty. If in your sales pitch to either a regular client, or a one off gutter customer you include facts such as, cleaning the guttering on a yearly basis will extend the life of the upvc dramatically, which is true. Customers then get a first clean rate for 280,, then a yearly cost of 95 all round aswell as a camera inspection too. Basically you tell the client that you have to bring the gutters up to a high standard, then every year you can keep maintaining them for a cheaper price. The money is out there. It's just the hard work involved in getting more of the gutter clean work

I didn't realise how much of a maket there is for gutters. I dabbled with the idea of buying a vac machine with camera but changed my mind because I thought I would be a wasted investment. How do you go about actually getting customers for gutter clearing specifically?

On my round maybe 3 or 4 have ever asked me for gutter unblocking and I've just got my first facia clean coming up.

GleamCleanUK how do you pull in the work if you dont mind me asking?

I get a lot of gutter/fascia cleans from local Facebook groups, I also try and keep them for a Saturday and stick my garden sign in their front gardens so the neighbours to see, have a gutter/fascia job to do next Saturday and doing it for £150 wont take any longer than 3-4 hours.

I'm just working out prices for gutter clearing whilst looking into buying a gutter vac.

Just a few questions if i may, do you use the customers electric plug or do you all have generators?

i don't think i will offer gutter cleaning just the clearing side unless i can use the pole and some UBIK. Could help up the price a bit.

Pricing, i'm in Suffolk, so I was thinking of charging £4 a metre on houses and £3 a metre on houses for existing customers. Trying to gauge if that's a bit low.

Bungalow city around here so i was thinking of lowering it slightly to stop the 'do it yourself' brigade but no lower than £3 a metre for new or existing customers.

Customers electric I use. Do you have a Harris pole and gutter tools I personally don't do per m gutters it will get very hard work wandering round a house guessing m I stick to fixed prices say 40 quid 60 quid 85 depending on property!

I haven't bought one yet, there's a company near me who manufacture the piping, they seem a bit too cheap £300 for a vac, but if its a load of **** they are only around the corner... the bloke even said to come and visit him and they will show me that it works and do a demo there and then. I did mention sky vacs and he mentioned that i would probably be paying for the name.

Just trying to work out pricing per metre versus time per hour.

I haven't bought one yet, there's a company near me who manufacture the piping, they seem a bit too cheap £300 for a vac, but if its a load of **** they are only around the corner... the bloke even said to come and visit him and they will show me that it works and do a demo there and then. I did mention sky vacs and he mentioned that i would probably be paying for the name.Just trying to work out pricing per metre versus time per hour.
Which company is near to you @dave83 ?

I use a genarator for my vac not all my customers are in i charge £15 for each side gutter clean outs and £20 for guttering fascia cleans for each side of house so if they.

Back