Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trade or Industrial ladders for window cleaning?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I use trade ladders. 3.5m Double made by Titan and weighs in at 13 kg. Manageable to carry throughout the day.  Been excellent.  I change them every 3 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first started out I had the industrial ladders from bps. Great quality bit totally unnecessary for tradding. Get a good quality trade ladder like the ones made by Lyte, or better still get proper pointer ladders, best decision I ever made.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I use trade ladders. 3.5m Double made by Titan and weighs in at 13 kg. Manageable to carry throughout the day.  Been excellent.  I change them every 3 years.
I use the same...with safety feet. Good set of ladders. Must admit, I have been using the same set for the last 6.5 years...never thought about changing them. Maybe I should???

I use the same...with safety feet. Good set of ladders. Must admit, I have been using the same set for the last 6.5 years...never thought about changing them. Maybe I should???
I guess it depends how much use they get but i'm 95% Trad and full time ; they look worn after 3-4 years and wouldn't like to risk it.  You only need one accident to ruin your livelihood and cost you £1000's or just pay £100 for a new set of ladders and avoid any risk. No brainer!

I had the safety feet on my previous set and it does save changing the standard feet regularly as they wear quickly but i found the bigger safety feet annoying on grass or flower beds where i want the ladder to 'bed' in a bit.  Personal preference i guess, but i always make a habbit of putting some downward pressure on the ladder before i go up on any surfaces that are suspect.  It's surprising how many surfaces are fine in the dry but lethal in the wet with a bit of slime/algae.

Latest Posts

Back