Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scratched glass what to do?

Hi there guys been wfp for nearly 3 years now no issues with scratched glass went to a job yesterday ironically the customer is a glazier , did a maintenance clean my brush is always kept clean etc I do wear headphones so there's a slight chance there might of been some render on the brush etc .

Although I am very paranoid about that so I am extra neat around the frames ,

Any way mentioned I was putting the price of his house up not that this is the reason and just received a text that one window is really scratched .

What shall I do I have no proof it was me he's a pretty trust worthy guy .

If he is a glazier then the bill should be nice and cheap unless he is taking the mickey and trying to make a profit?
Go and see it and have a friendly chat, show him your brush, and see what you think.
Worst case maybe offer next couple of cleans free as a goodwill gesture?
It really depends on what sort of a customer he is to you.

I had a customer blame me because windows were new. It turned out it was the roller print when making the glass unit. The print was also inside the unit so impossible to do from outside. Customer was very apologetic after blaming me.

Go and have a look, be very surprised if you did do it though. He has no proof either, you will have a good idea if you, potentially, have done it as the scratches will be in line with the way you clean.
Yeah I feel like I need to go and visit , he gave it the big guns saying actually it's really easy to scratch glass but like I said to him it is if you work with metal tools but brush heads are nylon and plastic also he's just paid a massive patio so if the window is near that then it's case dismissed as them.angles.were cut somewhere and he's having me on .

The annoying thing is he will just go on Facebook and slag me off if he doesn't get his own way . But there comes a point where enough is enough with custys trying to pass blame at every point .

The

Yeah I feel like I need to go and visit , he gave it the big guns saying actually it's really easy to scratch glass but like I said to him it is if you work with metal tools but brush heads are nylon and plastic also he's just paid a massive patio so if the window is near that then it's case dismissed as them.angles.were cut somewhere and he's having me on .

The annoying thing is he will just go on Facebook and slag me off if he doesn't get his own way . But there comes a point where enough is enough with custys trying to pass blame at every point .

The
Doesn't sound that trustworthy ro me.

I doubt it'll be you who scratched the glass esp if he s had a new patio laid!go and have a look!you can tell if it's an angle grinder as the glass will look like it's got rust on it where the sparks have embedded into the glass....I've got loads of customers who have ruined glass due to workman working too near the glass

I doubt it'll be you who scratched the glass esp if he s had a new patio laid!go and have a look!you can tell if it's an angle grinder as the glass will look like it's got rust on it where the sparks have embedded into the glass....I've got loads of customers who have ruined glass due to workman working too near the glass
I did it once when my ladder fell onto the glass doing building work.

Back