Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trads Using A Backpack For Difficult Windows

Pegasus

Fully trad but considering trying a backpack for some windows:

So, do many trads actually do this?

If so, what did you get and what do you really need as a basic set up? Where from? Any downside?

I rang the WCW and instead of a £200 unit I saw on the web I got the impression I needed to spend £5/600 to get set up. Reluctant to do this as I would rather use a trad pole if it was that much.

Cheers for any help.

Hi Pegasus rainwater harvesting should be easy for you lol and even tap water should be good so di vessel off eBay £30 tds meter £16 -£20 back pack £??? And Harris pole conversion see DIY section resin about £80 for 25 ltrs would last a good while if not producing loads of water and a couple of barrels free upto £20 each (caravan stockists being dearest ) brush euro angle adapter and hose and fittings possible for less than £500 might be a squeeze for everything at £200 having been up Westmorland a few times can see why it may have advantages for you

I have the wcw backpack. Harris pole converted. 8 25litre drums. 2 4.5 litre DIs to make my water & Tds tester. Wouldn't be without it now as gave me more power to quote knowing I can do them difficult windows.

You can get a backpack off eBay 18 litres £99 & I have one & it's good. Harris pole £15. Brush off eBay bayersan £12. Hose & connections £10. Resin is £80 for 25litre but you can get it in 5/10 litre bags which is cheaper. This really is a basic setu but will get you going. I even think some use normal garden hose. Maybe a trolley if you don't feel like lugging it around. 25litre barrels go to a local garage & there prob be glad to give them to you but need good clean out. Can get a Tds metre on eBay for £8. Depends what you want to spend. DI about £30.

Put it this way most domestic jobs I win would be impossible to do even using a trad pole so wfp is a no brainer if you ask me.

Doesn't matter what you get in the end you will want a van mount and better/longer wfp's trust me. /emoticons/smile.png

That's how I got started. Thirty foot window cleaners pole, Vikan brush and some distilled water from the grocery store just to do a few difficult windows and sky lights on steep roofs. Now I WFP almost every domestic window I clean including first floor. Be careful my friend you're about to take a walk on the dark side ..... you'll get hooked. /emoticons/wink.png

Sorry guys but not seeing the light. Love trad. Won't change unless forced to. Backpack is just for the odd few windows. Very rarely comes out.

True hardcore fair play to you posh /emoticons/wink.png

Give it time when your joints are shot like mine you will be converted over to the dark side for sure /emoticons/biggrin.png

how do you conver the harris pole to WFP im still trad but want a back pack i hated doing leaded windows trad cant stand em lol

This is another good example of other work you can take on using a harris pole too. /emoticons/wink.png

Was on another thread talking about why ppl get so excited talking about wfp window cleaning and remember this old vid /emoticons/biggrin.png

The Magic Of Pure Water :lol:

Latest Posts

Back