Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Applicators

Joe

How often do you guys clean your applicators?

And how do you clean them? Is it ok to just chuck em in the washing machine with your dirty microfibres?

Cheers!

I just chuck em it sink with warm water or on a 40 degree cycle in washer both with no soap theres already enough on them.

And yeah I do em with microfibres.

I haven't washed my applicator in a couple of weeks to be honest.

It rarely gets done, and i use it mon-fri.

If it needs washing while I'm at work I slap a tap on full pressure and blast it then wring it dry and repeat and if I wash my cloths it may sometimes go in with them lol

wow, buy more app covers dude, you should be using a clean one at start of everyday, your applicator is what gets the dirt out and holds it, your in the cleaning business afterall. i work in australia where the houses are much bigger than the uk (average house i mean) i use a fresh applicator cover for every job, i have about 20 and chuck them in washing machine once a week or every few says, depending how many i've used, covers only cost abt 15 dollars each, so get stocked up...

wow, buy more app covers dude, you should be using a clean one at start of everyday, your applicator is what gets the dirt out and holds it, your in the cleaning business afterall. i work in australia where the houses are much bigger than the uk (average house i mean) i use a fresh applicator cover for every job, i have about 20 and chuck them in washing machine once a week or every few says, depending how many i've used, covers only cost abt 15 dollars each, so get stocked up...
Are you serious ? That's total overkill

$300 on applicators!!

I have about 6-7 applicators, 3 get used ( 1 each ) the others are just spare, and they only get washed once a week sometimes every other week!

i generally use one a day and chuck it in to the washing machine with the microfibres at the end of the day, for a 15 min wash. Its no hassle doing this.

Only have one, and wash it once a week,with my scrims and microfibe.

Put washermachine on rinse, as it has that much soap in it, it kinda washers the cloths to, then put it in a proper wash with a liquid tab.

I rinse any loose dirt out of mine at the end of each day, then I put it in the wash with the microfibre cloths at the end of the week.

I also have a few spares in case of emergencies.

John

Back