Scrimms Questions!

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by mufcglen, Sep 6, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mufcglen

mufcglen Well-Known Member

hi guys,ive really taken to scrimms over the micros for regular use now but ive got a few questions.
    whats the best way to wash and dry them after use?
    and second is i find when i first use prewashed scrimms i bought from wintecs they give alot of furry fibres off on the glass,is there any way of stopping this?

Advertisement
  2. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

i wash mine with a pea sized amount of fairy liquid and air dry them if you put them in the tumbler they go all rubery, as for the fluff/lint thats normal it usually just blows off the windows

3. Murphy

Murphy Active Member

When I used to use scrims I used to put them in the washing machine with no detergent then just let them air dry!

4. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I preferred them tumble dried... But I don't use scrims anymore from I started using microfibres..

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Same.

6. Mart1001

Mart1001 Well-Known Member

I just throw my scrims, micro fibres and applicator sleeves in the washer together. Stick them on an hour wash at 60c and then stick them either on the washing line or the radiator to dry. I usually give the slightest squirt of fairy in the drum depending how much soap is still in the applicator sleeves.

Mart.

7. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I don't use them anymore apart from wiping sills down, I use micro suede for drying the edges and cleaning glass.

8. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

I just bought some micro scrimms 2 weeks ago for the first time. much better, more modern material and no fluff. going to stick with them from now on.

9. norm

norm Grand Master

Me too

10. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

when i wash mine i put a bit of washing power in an tumble dry after keeps them soft i hate cloths like cardbord i tumble dry mine at the end of each day so thay stay soft an it gets the dust an **** off

Advertisement