Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scrims

laddergarder

Hi I was just curious what you all did with your scrims when you buy them in.

For as long as I've been cleaning windows, we have bought in a yard of scrim, and cut them into four more manageable sized cloths. Then just re-hemmed them.

Not my favourite job, but it does help. We then soak and dry them until they soften up. We change our cloths over so we are always using dry cloths, and generally use one or two cloths per house.

I have seen all sorts with cloths, some people using bear towels and loads just using the full yard of scrim.

What do you all do?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-3 cloths per house? How big are the cloths? I use maybe a couple of cloths per day depending on if I'm doing much leaded work.

I buy scrims from here:

http://www.soapnational.co.uk/acatalog/cloths.html

PREWASH.JPG

This has made me quite happy you do this as I've read a few people get there scrim soak it wring it out and use it. I've tried this and get dry marks down the side of the window, especially in the summer so like you I use dry ones as much as poss

i used to buy 4 a year, grade A, throw them in a tub of boiling water a few times to get them suppled up, use the full yard, 3 dry and one wet would last a week wet one would get washed out each day and all chucked in the washer at the weekend

Biggest pity is that scrims are at their very best just one day before you put a hole in them & they start to rip to pieces.

Been using microfibres for years - sills when wfp, but for squeegee work I still like a scrim.

Back