Seal Skinz Gloves for winter

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by PJ Bullard, Sep 27, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. PJ Bullard

PJ Bullard Active Member

Considering investing in a pair for this coming winter. Who rates these? Or are there better altenatives?

Do they get mashed up using a pole? Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Seal skinz last about 5 minutes before they fall apart
    Screwfix do better gloves but i can't think what they are called

3. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

I have been using the nytrile ones, they're OK but rip easily. A window cleaner I know has got the black ones mechanics use, and he has let me have some, and they seem OK. So I'm going to get them next time. He said they were about £5 a box.

4. The window cleaning kid

I have had a set up these gloves for the last 3 years and use them for mountain biking.
    Not sure how they will cope with chemicals such as UBIK and others, but as far as general pole and trad work goes I think they will be great.
    Currently going to order a 2nd set for the windows this winter.
    Also these gloves work well with spray on waterproofing.

5. laddergarder

I've tried sealskins. but they are awfully dear, and never last the winter for me. I now just buy these...

Neoprene micro gloves - engelbert strauss

I think I have tried every type of glove there is. I have a pair or heavy garden gloves I use when cleaning gutters, and those linked above for window cleaning.

6. Cottonlung

Cottonlung Newcomer

I've had many brands only to split or leak.. But it's cheap and crude but a pair of thinsulaye gloves and double up on some mechanics rubber gloves over the top.. Dry warm hands and able to slip off to handle money or awnser your phone :)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Neilmnwc

Neilmnwc Member

I tried Seal Skinz with a pole and they do get trashed (on day one...). The best I've found so far are Skytec Argon, cheap, breathable, warm and hard wearing. Last around 3 months, fairly waterproof.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

8. The tattood one

The tattood one Active Member

Gun get me some screwfix speacial..5.99 a pair...c how we go now temp droppin

9. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I used a pair of these last winter. Waterproof and lined with furry stuff. IMG_4191.JPG

Advertisement