Sealer guarantee?

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Ben23, Apr 29, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ben23

Ben23 Member

Evening all, Ive been asked to give a guarantee on sealing a drive, never been asked this before, im opting to use Thompsons one coat block paving and patio sealer but it dosent say how long it will last, how long would you expect a mid range sealer like that to last before weeds etc start coming through? or do you not offer any sort of idea of how long its likely to last?

this is the product http://www.thompsonsweatherproofing.co.uk/media/1180/one-coat-patio-block-paving-seal.pdf

any help very much appreciated.

regards

Ben

Advertisement
  2. mark

mark Forum Addict

you will not stop weeds getting through,have you pre treated with weed killer first?then apply sealer

3. TolishAPurd

Never give a guarantee on the finished product. Only give a guarantee on the workmanship. So if you do it all the way it's supposed to be done, then that is all you can do. If they want more then that I would be getting alarm bells, and be walking away.

4. Drive Revive

Drive Revive Member

I say there's no guarantee but the supplier recommended life is 2 to 3 years applied write I now I can go back 1 to 2 years later and there's no weeds just surface dirt which can be just washed off Thompsons well you don't like to make much profit!!

5. Ben23

Ben23 Member

Thanks for the replies guys oh and Yes ill be weed treating before sealing, should stop them coming back too soon :) which sealer would you use Drive Revive ? Im pretty new to sealing you see so a solid reccomendation would be great :)

6. Drive Revive

Drive Revive Member

My wife's uncle works at a paint manufacturers so I get it off him would look into getting off somewhere local to you if your going to be doing it a lot loads cheaper

Advertisement