Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with new van setup please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Reach For The Glass

Hi guys ok. Deposit on new dispatch. 2.0hdi, m wheelbase, 150bhp, 6 speed with 1400kg payload. Also stop start. 

Now i really need help setting up my system.

Currently in my old berlingo was 350 upright strapped in with battery and pump screwed to a wood frame. 

I think ill either keep the 350 upright or go 500 flat nit sure yet.

Guess ill need

Frame

Rollers or ports 

Place to store battery

VSR for leisure battery @spruce ?

Pole holders

Place for reel or powerup maybe?

I want to make it look really neat and tidy, not alot of cash as vans just eaten that. 

Any help whatsoever please guys on layouts, suppliers and general info would be amazing.

Thanks

Reach!

i would be putting a 650 in and not messing about with the smaller tanks , why spend the extra £ on the bigger weight carryier then not make use of it ? 

i would be seeing if the battery will fit under the passenger seat as theres a nice big flap that you can get to from the back of the van again hiding all the wiring under there including the spilt charger 

put the controller behind the head rests on the bulkhead in the cab , run the wire from that up the inside of the pillar trim and in to the back this way all hidden in the roof rails

then run it  inside  the broading and out where ever you want it away from feet theres your power fully set up ready to go all hidden away 

Hi guys ok. Deposit on new dispatch. 2.0hdi, m wheelbase, 150bhp, 6 speed with 1400kg payload. Also stop start. 

Currently in my old berlingo was 350 upright strapped in with battery and pump screwed to a wood frame. 

Guess ill need

Frame

Rollers or ports 

Place to store battery

Pole holders

I want to make it look really neat and tidy, not alot of cash as vans just eaten that. 

Any help whatsoever please guys on layouts, suppliers and general info would be amazing.

Thanks

Reach!
That's sound a great payload what kind of money are there.

Guess ill need

Frame

Rollers or ports 

Place to store battery

Pole holders

Thanks

Reach!
You need to find out how the battery is charged. Does the van's alternator charge all the time or does the van have regenerative charging that works on deceleration.

If it regenerative braking that charges the starter battery then you need to look at a Battery to Battery charger.

Here's a more detailed explanation of the situation.

https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/22375-split-charge-relay/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys

@Den i got the top spec van from main stealers which was p/x back in for £14k

@spruce cheers mate. How the hell do i find that out?
The main Citroen dealers should be able to tell you. The salesman who is selling the van to you should know as well.

If they are too stupid then you may need to contact Citroen's Techincal division with the chassis number and ask them to look at the spec for that particular van.

The Tech division used to be in Slough but I think its since moved to Coventry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guess ill need
Frame
Rollers or ports 
Place to store battery
VSR for leisure battery [mention=125]spruce[/mention] ?
Pole holders

Thanks
Reach!

i have a 500l Xline tank 150 pound
0aa46bc01dc6619e63144c807a988ff5.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

That's a great price, really fancy one of them maybe in a years time, pleased for you though.

@spruce this is citroens reply

The alternator fitted as standard by Citroen on this vehicle is the Valeo ISTT55 Reversable stop start unit as for smart regen braking unfortunately there is no information to support if it has this or not

Back