Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aquatec Pumps Question for users

WCF

Help Support WCF:

doug atkinson

Quick question for those that use Aquatec pumps. When the pump is switched off do you get a slow stream of water flow through the pumps. So if you did not have and end stop at the end of your hose attached to the outlet port of the pump you would end up draining your tank!

in theory doug,then yes but the same can be said with those who have a shurflo and outside ports,a simple solution to that would be to turn the tap off at the tank at the end of the day or install a tap somewhere in the stystem to acheive this,

i've shot myself in the foot there haven't i?.

just re-read the post and it was more of a i may have an issue and you have the answer kind of post-unless i'm wrong of course which i often am

No you haven't @kevinc250. We have 2 pumps on the van. Both are Shurflo's. One is worse than the other. We don't have Hozelok stop connectors on our 2 port outlets. I use standard brass tap connectors. On each outlet we push on a Hozelock connector thats filled with silicone. That stops the drip from one and the 'stream' from the other.

@doug atkinsonwill probably confirm that there is a non return valve in the form of a plate and hair spring in the pump housing. I'm guessing that the hair spring is the issue as both pumps are over 11 years old. But memory could be wrong as it was more than 10 years ago that I last stripped one.

Other than that, both pumps work fine so we will just live with it.

When I fitted son in laws van we fitted a Hozelock stop connector to his port. He never had an issue in the 4 years he window cleaned with us. For us, we were just unfortunate with Hozelok stop connectors so I got rid of them all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back