Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Preparations for winter.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TolishAPurd

I remember making a post similar to this a few years ago when I was a tradder, but things have changed a bit now. What preparations are you guys making for the cold months?

I'm planning on getting a greenhouse heater for the van on the coldest nights...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F162722040111

Got my sealskin gloves, a load of beanies, good flask, fleece, body warmers, insulated mug. Bring it on.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Good thing about the caddy vans is you can get some insulation behind the head lining in the back to help keep some of the heat in. 

Old quilt over the hose reel at night 

Run the pump empty and empty the filter

That's all i did last winter before i decided a trolley system suits me more and binned the van mount

Only had 1 day with issues but that was from it being so cold outside that the hose froze when i pulled it out about 70m across really cold ground

Defrosted it under the heater and then it froze the next time i pulled it out far

Nice to see some sensible answers on this tread. 

Every other time this subject has been approached on here, some pillock has come on and stated “I don’t wear gloves, I’m so hard I wear a vest, thong and flip flops all year round” ???

Agree with the others though TAP, oil filled radiator is best. I also take an extra flask in case the jets freeze and to use on the hose if something disconnects.

I know you’ve only just started on this WFP lark, but for around £160, a gas water heater is a god send on icy days. Winding in warm hoses is a doddle compared to really cold hoses. Good luck

Every other time this subject has been approached on here, some pillock has come on and stated “I don’t wear gloves, I’m so hard I wear a vest, thong and flip flops all year round” [emoji23]?[emoji23]

Agree with the others though TAP, oil filled radiator is best. I also take an extra flask in case the jets freeze and to use on the hose if something disconnects.

I know you’ve only just started on this WFP lark, but for around £160, a gas water heater is a god send on icy days. Winding in warm hoses is a doddle compared to really cold hoses. Good luck
Hah yes and ‘I wear shorts unless it’s goes like -5 degrees’
‘Get on with it’ etc

Also the warm water helps a lot I believe. Even around 35-40 degrees at the heater makes the hose supple and easier to handle and lays flat as opposed to curling up in several places.

Every other time this subject has been approached on here, some pillock has come on and stated “I don’t wear gloves, I’m so hard I wear a vest, thong and flip flops all year round” [emoji23]?[emoji23]

Haha, yep always one.[emoji16]. I ordered an oil rad yesterday on recommendations here. It would be nice to warm up and dry out the front cab some days with it too. Have you or green got a link for the water heaters you speak of? Space is a premium in my caddy, but it's a possible. Great idea on the extra flask too.

Best tip anybody told me is turn your water on when walking your hose out we’ve had it plenty of times the water freeze as we walked all the hose out

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Latest Posts

Back