Seem to using a lot of water up quickly and taking a while on jobs

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Beano, Nov 27, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Beano

Beano Member

Hi fairly new to window cleaning I've just come to the end of my first year, I use water fed pole methods but seem to be using up my water fairly quick and taking a while on jobs. Any advice would be great

Advertisement
  2. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Try to use less water and be quicker on the jobs matey ;)

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

#3 Gav, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    It takes a while but a year in you should be getting there. A lot of it for me in the early days was confidence. Confidence that the window would dry clean. I would spend ages scrubbing and ages rinsing making sure the window was perfect but as time went on you find you don't need to be quite so OCD and the windows will dry just fine.

That was my reason for being slow and using loads of water might be something different with you.

4. Cookie

Cookie Member

What flow rate are you using?

5. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Most newbies spend to long 'scrubbing' the glass. If its not a first clean, once you have brushed all the glass once, there's no need to go over it again. Rinse of and move on

6. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Presumably you wfp your own windows too? Try cleaning them fast (assuming its o ly been a month or so since last proper clean) just got round the frames then brush the glass once and rinse then wait u til dry and see if you have done a good job or not and if so then u can confidently do them out in the winderness

7. Bishy

Bishy Member

Have trust in your tools and cleaning , I used to take ages over scrubbing and rinishing but it's the rinse what's the most important and first cleans always take that little bit longer but second third time round you should be cutting time down by loads , keep on top of tds reading

8. Green Pro Clean Ltd

First cleans should take a little time so when you go next you will whizz round them.

Flow really won't effect water consumption massively but flow when not on a window will.

I use an inline tap on a belt so I can shut off water between windows others use a remote. You would be amazed how much water you will save if you can turn it off instantly when the customer comes out to annoy you with stories of their overly wonderful grand kids.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. TolishAPurd

I even used to do this with trad to see what I can get away with, and what I can't. Thats essentially what every trade is about.

10. noddy

noddy Well-Known Member

are your customers happy ? are you picking work up off other window cleaners ? is your round growing and your making money ? if yes to all above you doing great good young sky walker

don't ****** it all up by reading bull poop of facebook groups on how great people are at doing a million window an hour its mostly rubbish

may the force be with you

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
Advertisement