self clean glass roof question

Discussion in 'Conservatory Cleaning' started by chris clean, May 14, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. chris clean

chris clean Active Member

Hi everyone. I know this ones been done before on various threads but I have a big self clean glass conny roof this week to do andits my first one. It's absolutely filthy loads of bird sh#t etc. I know I can't use my normal ubik but is it ok to use ecover/fairy platinum etc then scrub and rinse with pure? Also do you need a special brush? In connys I normally just use my gardiner sill brush. Bit nervous about this one any help appreciated cheers

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I'm perplexed. You know you can use Ubik so why be worrying if yiu can use fairy etc? Why not just stick to the Ubik?

3. chris clean

Hi green I can't understand what is perplexing about this. I think you may have misread?! I have said I know I cant use my normal ubik but is it ok to use something like ecover or fairy? On a self cleaning glass roof. Thanks for your reply though any advice on type of brush or if the normal cleaning stuff is ok would be appreciated

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I would test an inconspicuous spot with a little diluted ubik and see if it's ok
    Some are and some aren't
    If you don't want to chance it use a bit of flash all purpose concentrated gel

5. chris clean

Cheers daveboy I hadn't thought of flash nice one. What would the effect of ubik actually be if it was put on one anyway? Any need to use a specific type of brush? Thanks

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I wouldn't use a very stiff one as it can scratch the coating
    The effect it can have on self cleaning glass is leaving streaks over it
    The glass usually has a slight blue effect to it which will go all streaky and noticeable from inside

7. macca

macca Member

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

That's the brush i prefer for the job
    Or my vikan flocked house brick as it does the job well
    I find the flash has more oomph than fairy etc
    Easier to rinse too

9. chris clean

Davey and Macca thanks for the advice much appreciated

10. chris clean

Just an update on this thread thanks for the advice guys. I have since done a few self clean Connie roofs. I decided I wouldn't even chance the ubik even in a small area. I have just set the roofs and scubbed with a good strong fairybplatinum Mix then rinsed with tap water. Just used pure for a last rinse and they have all come up great. The fairy seems to be able to break down most stuff.

Advertisement