Self-cleaning glass...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by MrBump, Jul 15, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Sucks!

Seriously what is the point of it, water runs off it sure, but the dirt sticks and bird **** turns to tar. And worst if all you can't use a scraper on it or it will scratch the coating.

Had two glass atriums I cleaned earlier on a flat roof, had specks of paint all over them, nothing I could do as they had a self-cleaning film all over it so couldn't use a scraper.

Lets all lobby that self-cleaning glass should be banned!

Advertisement
  2. CMRwindowcleaning

CMRwindowcleaning Active Member

It's rubbish and everything sticks to it I find it less bloody self cleaning than anything else. Should be called lying salesmen glass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. cheapncheerful

I do find it easier to clean using wfp

but doesnt that really mean....its not er..self cleaning..

I do one house about once a year supposed to be self cleaning glass but...er...no one thought to invent self cleaning frames at the same time...:rofl:

came up great by wfp though...

its only self cleaning in the right weather conditions but....

weather conditions vary dependant on position on the house so sat in the shade wont work at all..

dont worry our job wont be here for ever..but ...it will be here long enough to see cheapie pop his cloggs..:D

4. MrBump

MrBump Guest

My bro said that to me earlier, 'when everyone gets self cleaning glass you'll be out of a job', I said heck no, the glass still gets dirty it'll just make my job harder! ;) This glass earlier had a self cleaning film over the top of the glass, not just hydrophobic type glass, it did rinse ok but then dirt was proper stuck on and I constantly worried about scratching it.

5. cheapncheerful

yeh I had a similar one...I tried to trad clean it last time but the muck just dried back on before I could blade it off...its a bugger in full sun...

and yep it gets full of little black specs really ground in from somewhere...self cleaning my ****..

great with wfp though...

except...not so keen on the fibreglass roof...

WARNING...lethal when wet....:D

6. MrBump

MrBump Guest

A fibreglass roof eh, bet thats a bugger! Can imagine that scratches if you just blow on it :D

7. cheapncheerful

yeh but wet...its a skating rink...:D

mustnt grumble as used to have to tile walk and at least its flat...:D

Advertisement