Self Cleaning Glass

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Haynesy, Apr 5, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Haynesy

Haynesy Newcomer

Okay so I've not seen any threads on this topic on here or anywhere else. It's just got me thinking since I'm still trying to make up my mind to go full time or not. I've seen that you can now buy self cleaning glass, it's probably **** but things evolve to get better. Just like electric cars, every man and his dog is going to have a Tesla in 20 years. It makes me think could window cleaners go out of business in 20 years. What do you guys think?

Advertisement
  2. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Nothing in the world is self cleaning!!!!
    Wouldn't be just Windies out off work but a lot of people
    Solar panels for example are supposed to be self cleaning but if you ever clean one side by side the difference is unreal
    Not saying self cleaning glass doesn't detract a little dirt but it's def not self cleanimg

3. David K

David K Forum Addict

Couldt agree more eviestevie ! All the " self-clean" ive seen was a mess and really dirty . Thats why they Called us .. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. davewindowcleaner

davewindowcleaner Well-Known Member

But what about upvc frames and sills?:D

All the new Customers i get alway want their upvc cleaned, not just glass.

5. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

Self cleaning glass is great. I clean a house that has had it recently installed. All depends on the elements.

6. Haynesy

Haynesy Newcomer

Just makes me think of the future, sometimes feels to good to be true.

7. SkulBlaker

SkulBlaker Well-Known Member

Self cleaning only goes so far, it has to rain heavy for a start and even then, baked on bird **** won't come off. I put a bid in for a doctors surgery (new build) and they have solar panels, used that as a bit of bait as its only 6 panels, and said I would do them for free every quarter, turns out they are self cleaning and the installers don't want me cleaning them. Result, although the manager did ask if I could keep an eye on them.

Advertisement