Self employed rates

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Alpha, Jan 10, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Alpha

Alpha Member

Hi guys, I'd like to firstly say hi to you all as I'm new on here so HI ALL!!

I work for a small firm and would like to know your individual opinions on my situation please.

I work self employed on a % of what I clean basis. I get a company van supplied to me that im allowed to use on some weekends to do my own work. There is £600+ available for me and my colleague to clean a day if we can manage it however on a typical day we clean around £450.

What % rate would you guys seem was a fair deal for me to be receiving? It's based on what I clean with my colleague which is doubled if he has a day of and I'm working alone.

I'm pretty happy with my situation Id just like to know what it compares to others as this is first time self-employed

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Blimey, £450 a day between 2 of you! That's some going. The self employed blokes on my estate earn 75%.

3. Alpha

Alpha Member

Thanks tuffers but try telling my boss that!!

Wow 75% that's alot more than I get I'm geussing they would be using their own equipment/van

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Yes, one is trad and one has forked out for a fully kitted out WFP van. They do their own collecting too.

5. Alpha

Alpha Member

That'll make sense as I have a wfp van all supplied but no collecting:)

6. cheapncheerful

hi and welcome alpha cant comment as i could only ever work for myself....but good luck with your future

7. Alpha

Alpha Member

Thanks cnc you also!

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Before i subbed work i got 10 quid an hour based on 20 quid an hours work so 50% and that was my own motor and trad equipment
    When i left and went back subbing off him when he was busy i gave him 20% at the end of the week

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

#9 Natty1972, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    How the hell do you clean £ 450 worth of work in a day ,, Christ I must be the slowest windie going around .....

10. Alpha

Alpha Member

It's 90% pole work and my boss's prices are fairly high. So that and working my ass off

Advertisement