Selling purified water in norwich ideas

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Ashbrownbear, Jun 17, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ashbrownbear

Ashbrownbear Newcomer

Hi I want to start selling purified water In norwich . Any ideas how I can advertise this or how much I can sell it for so can reduce my water bill.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Your water usage/bill would go up surely? :rolleyes:

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

So just for argument sake you have two windies that want to fill there vans every night. One has a 400 ltr tank the other a 600 ltr tank.

First question is could you supply enough pure water for the demand which is not that great?

Second question do you think it would be worth the hassle to have 2 extra vans turn up to be refilled each day?

Third question do you think making an extra few quid would be worth it as your water usage would go up?

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Some sell pure water as cheap as £25 per 1000 ltr... after all it only costs pence to make.

5. Ashbrownbear

Ashbrownbear Newcomer

Iv seen it for sale for £5 for 25litres. Would try only sell it by the barrel or have 1 other window cleaner maybe pay £40 a month for u limited use.to help pay for the bill.

6. TolishAPurd

Just because you've seen it for sale, doesn't mean its selling. Also be careful of your neighbours, if they start seeing vans turning up and buying it on a regular basis they could end up complaining to the council and putting the kybosh on it, unless you have the right to run a business off your premises. To me, it doesn't seem like its worth the bother.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I'm aware of window cleaning firms selling pure water but the ones I know of sell it from business units. I guess they have a large setup that can produce very large amounts of pure water than they actualy need.

8. keir

keir Guru

I know a lad who sells 1000 ltr for £75!!!! But not sure how true that is as he's one of them who tells you how much he earns like a bragging right, from my experience those types of windy's usually talk out of their harris lol

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Who would pay that much for pure that only cost pence to make beats me.
    I think he maybe telling you pork pies :D

10. sdrah

sdrah Guest

I recently cleaned for a very posh customer (a house which always has 3 gardeners around :) ) and she asked me if I can give her some water for ironing and how much it will be - i said I won't charge you for the water - thinking that she needs 5L - 10 L ?! may be ..... Next time I will ask as I ended up filling her four 25L drums and a pile of 5L ones lol it was about 165 L all together - took me an hour to fill them

Yes for free ....

Advertisement