Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is It Time For Me To Get Tough ? :p

harunh

Ive got like 144 customers now /emoticons/smile.png

and my average job price is like £7.00 but it should be higher cos i got like 20 houses which are small flats and fronts only for £5.00

most of my houses are priced at £7.00 ( which take me 20 mins to do)

do i go out and instead of saying £7.00 go for £8.00 instead ? im thinking of going out their with a dont be shy no more attitude...

A customer today i gained was a £7.00 house normally but i priced him £8.00 /emoticons/smile.png and he was fine with it /emoticons/tongue.png

so im planning now to not go with £7.00 just go with the £8.00 attitude /emoticons/wink.png

na sack that lol i know whats good for my business and this book isnt good for it /emoticons/tongue.png trust me ive got a business brain /emoticons/smile.png

Get the book h deals with pricing strategies LOL
How can a book tell you how to price. At the end of the day you work out how long it will take you or you count windows. Yes occasionally you may **** 1 up but but seriously once you get cleaning you realise how long it a take & bobs yet uncle. Maybe im still in the 20th century I dunno but a book to tell you how to price.

by how long its gonna take me

i average 16-24 per hour /emoticons/smile.png
So if your doing a house for £7 and average is £16-24 an hour is that the going rate your end or are you really cheap?

How can a book tell you how to price. At the end of the day you work out how long it will take you or you count windows. Yes occasionally you may **** 1 up but but seriously once you get cleaning you realise how long it a take & bobs yet uncle. Maybe im still in the 20th century I dunno but a book to tell you how to price.
I got Richards book, and it's helped me a lot.

My business will sure improve long term for me reading that book.

I mean yes, earning £20 average an hour 8 hours a day 5 days a week (for example) is some peoples targets, yet taking all variables on board; bad weather, illness, holidays, chore days (MOT's, fixings of equipment etc) is where you lose money and lose potential.

The book I read helped me realise that while I am working, yes, I earn good but being self employed you need to look at things business wise, keep competitive yet not short change yourself over the long haul.

I mean, how much do we all put away each year for retirement etc.... all things need taking into account, and earning a happy working price isn't everything.

Dont stress i was just winding up the conversation i aint even read it myself i aint got a clue whats in it LOL

I think the book covers a lot more than just pricing up work. Nearly every windy on this forum will have their own ways and we could argue all day who is right and who is wrong.. I have gained a few good tips just from Richard posting on the forum.

Back