Sensing A Fear Of Approaching Commercials

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Catherine, Mar 7, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Why chaps, I just get a fear/lack of confidence for going for commercials - don't understand.................

Would be great if someone could explain why?

One of my customers only does commercial buildings - would be great to know the issues and the problems

Is it lack of confidence, speaking to people etc - thoughts welcome

Advertisement
  2. JDMW

JDMW Guru

ive heard you can wait a little longer for payment. dunno how true this is?

3. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Yea it is on invoice, is that the reason?

4. JDMW

JDMW Guru

i dont know, i dont have any commercial work. im trying to build my domestic up first which is proving to be hard for me, everyone else has customer flock to them and i dont lol

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Not knowing how to price it,
    30 day payment time
    Not sure who to talk to
    Experience

6. Catherine

Catherine Guest

what routes are you doing JD? flyers, knocking?

7. Catherine

Catherine Guest

RC its not complicated, its just confidence.

Nursing homes, residential, rest and retirement, Hotels, pubs/Inns/bars/golf clubs/schools " can I speak to the manager" dont ever tell the person who answers the phone what the call is about, just say "its a sales call, Ill call back later" 1. receptionist dosent make the decision, 2 you call back when the decision maker is there. Its only about talking to the person that makes the decision - not talking to the person that answers the phone - you just need to be a bit canny, its a sales call I will call again. Dont let the receptionist put you off, she /he dosent make the deciscion

8. A.K WINDOWS

dont worry about it i have a few commercials just go in speak to the manager and leave a card or offer a free quote.weird thing for me is a i can walk into any business looking for work but cant knock on doors lol.

and the coin is not all that you think with commercial work.

9. Catherine

Catherine Guest

AK but who are you leaving your card with? and do you get to speak to the manager? Do you know your card goes to the manager?

With all marketing excecises you need to go directly to the decision maker - biggest problem - leave a card and hope the decision maker picks it up?

Whatever trade your in, you need to know that your services go to the yay or nay guy directly - targeted marketing

10. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

Advertisement