SEO help & pages

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by MyLittleCleaningCompany, Mar 20, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hey, my start of new posts in the VIP area. A chap I use to work with in the Police got into SEO work. A few simple things he recommended to me was to create a few other web pages / social sites all linking back to your website.

He suggested creating these:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Hubpages
    Squidoo Lense
    Blogger Blog
    Tumblr

All big name sites which should help raise your website. You don't have to put anything fancy just the nuts and bolts of it then try and keep it updated. Here's mine on blogger http://mylittlecleaningcompany.blogspot.co.uk/

Let me know what you think? :cool:

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

Nice one bud good thread :)

3. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Nice post - even us less computer savvy members can work on that.

4. Iain

Iain Guru

If you're going to create a Squidoo lens then you need to be careful as Google did an update to their algorithm (the method they use to rank websites) whereby they ignore links from low quality websites. I put together an article on saving money on office costs but I'm waiting a few months before adding the link back to the GSF website.

Basically, Squidoo itself is a very high quality website but the page that you create on Squidoo will be low quality for a few months. When putting together a Squidoo lens, try to make it USEFUL so that people will naturally link to it, thus increasing it's value. Easy!

5. joebutler

joebutler Guest

Dont forget Google+ it's dull but it allows "follow" links unlike FB who's links are "no follow".

6. Iain

Iain Guru

You need to post on a page that has a decent PageRank otherwise it's pointless. Having a few NOFOLLOW links in the mix is good practise as well.

7. joebutler

joebutler Guest

To be honest I have found just adding good content works more than backlinks and the like

8. WeLoveFlyers

WeLoveFlyers Member
    Supplier

A good clean site structure and proper information hierarchy onsite helps as well - I'm talking about in the HTML code as well as in the actual visible structure. Make sure you use H1, H2, H3 headers appropriately etc.

Recently did this site for a mate: http://www.solar-panel-cleaners.com and got some help from an SEO pro - he said one of the key things at the moment is canonicalisation to ensure that any "link juice" gets pointed at the right site address. Google the phrase "Canonical links" and you'll find the official articles from Google that explain what it is and why it's important.

9. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Sounds like a major headache to me all this site lark .

Advertisement