Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

big windows trad

R

Ryan

ok so for big windows whats the best blade we 18" ? talking about big shop window ?

for inside work

iv got your std size one tiss a bit small lol

ok so for big windows whats the best blade we 18" ? talking about big shop window ?

for inside work

iv got your std size one tiss a bit small lol
I do alot of shops and use an 18" blade and 18" aplicator

i think you would need alot of bigger windows to use a bigger blade as they take some getting use too.

i clean all windows with a 14inch squeegee, even big shop windows, sometimes it means i have to do the window in 4 hits, top quarters, then bottom quarters, still doesnt take long tho, and im quicker with my 14inch then an 18inch just because im used to it

I use a 22inch for larger windows, It takes a bit of getting used to but Its good to get them done fast

Sorbo are good squeegees but quite pricy I have a 14 inch sorbo but always seem to grab my unger

I really prefer my unger I struggle a bit with smothe movement around the glass with my Sorbo and always seems quite stiff, my last employer swore by sorbo but I can't get away with them as much as they are really sturdy bits of kit they are really expensive for what there are, I think a rubber cutting blade for them is around £200, unger all the way for me

Sorry to answer your question IMO unger are better for me anyways.

I used my new 22in Sorbo today, fantastic, it cut down on cleaning time, not that easy to turn but for straight pulls it's great, I also use a 12in and a 14 in Sorbo. If I get a few more shop fronts to do I will try a 36in, for the price you get for commercial these days it would cut down cleaning time.

The 22 was good on a pole also.

Back