Set Up Advice Please

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Arnold2408, Sep 29, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Arnold2408

Arnold2408 Newcomer

Hi all,
    Looking to go WFP from trad in the near future and have a couple of questions for those of you with the knowledge. Going to produce my pure water with an RO system and store in a 650 litre tank in a garden shed. My worry is that the shed is going to be about 20/25 metres from the nearest drain. Will the waste water travel this far back up my garden to the drain or will it be ok let the waste pipe just water the garden?
    Secondly I was looking at a 450 GPD RO system. Does anyone have one of these as I would like to estimate how long it will take to fill the tank. I believe it's down to water pressure so I guess it could vary quite a bit. Do the booster pumps really help?
    Lastly, is a DI filter after the RO optional or a must in a hard water area.?
    Thanks for any advice you can give.
    Arnie.

Advertisement
  2. nwcs

nwcs Forum Addict

not sure weather it would pump back up the garden to the drain, I would have a couple of water butts out side shead to put waist water in and water garden with it,

yes u need a di after ro as ro alone wont fully purify the water , so di afterward will,

I have 350 gpd and it takes about 2 days to full my 1000 litre ibc tank

3. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

20/25 m is a long way from a drain, is there no down spout or any other gutter you can attach in to, if not use water butts or make a soak away

4. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

Mine goes a good 20m to the nearest drain.

5. Pride Clean

Pride Clean Active Member

Just let the waste water your garden if you're worried mate, its not going to harm anything!!!
    Otherwise just drill a small hole in a down pipe and put it in there.
    Ive gotva 450gpd with a 80psi booster (makes a massive difference with speed and lowering the tds) and fills a 1000litre ibc in around 24 hours uf left on constantly.
    Just keep topping uo your storage tank and you'll never run out if on your own.
    Could you fit an ibc (1000litre) in your shed? Makes life easier knowing you've got 1000litres of pure stocked just in case you forget to switch r.o on!!

Advertisement